Battery Symbol With Triangle/Exclamation Point On Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredregillc

Aug 7, 2012
I was using my android tablet (MID--google tablet) and the battery was getting low. I plugged it up to charge and when I went back to use it about an hour later, there was a black screen with a battery on it. There is a triangle with an exclamation point in it. I unplugged the charger and tried to turn it on, but when I hold the power button, that pops up instead of starting the tablet.
I have no idea what is wrong with it or how to fix it.

Any ideas? What can I do to fix it?? I use my tablet ALL the time!

I really appreciate the help...TIA!

Attachments

• $tablet.jpg
    $tablet.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 46,807

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Try hard reset or volume+power

Sent from my Smart ELF II 4.1 using Tapatalk 2

Tim1131

Jan 1, 2012
Just curious is that a mid 9.7 screen I had the same thing except it was the android guy on his back with the same exclamation mark!
Not too sure of buttons to press or if we have the same unit or not, I gave up on mine, did everything I knew but throw it out the window! I took mine back waiting for a new one any day now ?
Just muck around with the buttons you'll find it eventually.
good luck

Last edited:

fredregillc

Aug 7, 2012
It is google android F10 Android 4.0 7 in Capacitive Tablet PC....
It's driving me crazy, not knowing how to fix it!

Just curious is that a mid 9.7 screen I had the same thing except it was the android guy on his back with the same exclamation mark!
Not too sure of buttons to press or if we have the same unit or not, I gave up on mine, did everything I knew but throw it out the window! I took mine back waiting for a new one any day now ?
Just muck around with the buttons you'll find it eventually.
good luck

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
looks like its not charging, that screen means it needs charging before it will turn back on.

battery or charger fault? have you got a multimeter to test either?

fredregillc

Aug 7, 2012
Where do I take it to test the battery? I had it plugged up charging all night and it still had that this morning.
I am not sure what a multimeter is?? I have tried the wall charger and also the adapter to the computer...neither worked...when I plugged it into the computer the computer chimed like it does when there is something connected to the port, but nothing ever came up on computer or tablet.
Thanks!

looks like its not charging, that screen means it needs charging before it will turn back on.

battery or charger fault? have you got a multimeter to test either?

mugglesquop

Jul 30, 2012
o dear.

if you dont know what a multimeter is, take it somewhere to be repaired - unless you want to learn basic electronics quickly ;)

the multimeter would be used on the battery connections to check the battery is ok, and if the charger is charging.

pakistaniKing

Oct 9, 2012
Dear ALL,
1st remove the batter for few mints 5 or 10, (open ur tablet and remove it, or PUT your batter IN DIRECT-SUNLIGHT for atleast 5 HOURS,.than attach again, if still not works than follow below mentioned options.)
2nd arange adapter (if batter operate on 5vdc than arange 10 6.5 vdc adapter)
3rd connect batter with adpter for 5 mints (make sure Positive wire connect to positive terminal on battery)
4th plugein battery again and enjoy.
NO NEED TO DO ANY OTHER THING LIKE UPGRADE FIRMWARE ETC>
all other are makking fulll.
THIS IS PAKISTAN<.
We hv solution for all. except cruption.

I was using my android tablet (MID--google tablet) and the battery was getting low. I plugged it up to charge and when I went back to use it about an hour later, there was a black screen with a battery on it. There is a triangle with an exclamation point in it. I unplugged the charger and tried to turn it on, but when I hold the power button, that pops up instead of starting the tablet.

adzcool

Oct 23, 2012

I've had the same thing happen to my tablet, what is odd is that sometimes it charges okay and then it will go back to refusing to charge or turn on. Have you had any luck so far?

Alizotiq

Aug 12, 2015
Dear ALL,
1st remove the batter for few mints 5 or 10, (open ur tablet and remove it, or PUT your batter IN DIRECT-SUNLIGHT for atleast 5 HOURS,.than attach again, if still not works than follow below mentioned options.)
2nd arange adapter (if batter operate on 5vdc than arange 10 6.5 vdc adapter)
3rd connect batter with adpter for 5 mints (make sure Positive wire connect to positive terminal on battery)
4th plugein battery again and enjoy.
NO NEED TO DO ANY OTHER THING LIKE UPGRADE FIRMWARE ETC>
all other are makking fulll.
THIS IS PAKISTAN<.
We hv solution for all. except cruption.
Dear PakastaniKing, the 9" Polaroid Tablet Quad Core doesn't have easily detachable connections from the batter to the motherboard. They are soldered together. Do you have any other options?

Edward Lawrence

May 27, 2019

I had exactly this problem just now on my Samsung tablet. I was using a low voltage plug (9v output). With this I was getting the same problem you just mentioned; black screen, battery with a triangle and an exclamation mark.
I decided to try a higher voltage charger, and hey presto, the problem was instantly fixed.
Hope this helps.

nnapstrebor

May 31, 2019
@Edward Lawrence : After seven years he's not likely to see what you wrote and may not even have the tablet anymore.
The beauty of the internet is that it's timeless. Whilst the OP may never even see the message, a guy like me with the same problem on my phone WILL see it seven years later. If you have knowledge...share it. Have a good day.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@nnapstrebor Your post would be relevant if Mr. Lawrence had not quoted the OP in his post. He did, and therefore was addressing the OP specifically. Ergo, my response on a seven year old thread.

P.S. Just to point this out, but nothing lasts forever, ESPECIALLY on the Internet. Responses like yours are an example of why this site frowns on reviving dead threads. More often than not the responses from the point of revival serve no real purpose, so before things get out of hand here, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.