BeBook Live Android Tablet Coming This Summer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011

Not all tablets need to be the dual-core 10-inch beasts like the Motorola Xoom and the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer that are "duking" it out for market dominance right now. Enter the BeBook Live Android Tablet, later this summer. BeBook is more known for their eReaders than actual tablets, but later this summer they are coming out with their BeBook Live tablet based upon Android 2.2, and other, "more base-line", specs than the current market juggernauts. The tablet will be a 7-inch multi-touch with the following details:
  • 1GHz Cortex from Samsung
  • Resolution of 800 x 600
  • 512MB of SDRAM
  • 4GB of internal flash storage
  • microSD card slot with support for cards up to 32GB
  • 1MP front camera for video conferencing
  • Mini HDMI port.
While the specs won't win any tech-awards, the price is decent at $280 bucks. It will also come pre-installed with support for Adobe DRM for publishing PDF files, and other apps including EBuddy, Rockplayer, and a game called Tank Hero. We still don't know an exact launch date, but will keep you informed. I still think that this little tab will have a hard time competing with an Amazon Android Tablet if it does indeed come out this summer as predicted. What do you think?

Source: SlashGear

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chiasticslide

For me price point is becoming a lot more of an issue, especially for 2.2 tablets. These are comparable specs to the Archos 70, which offers twice the internal storage but 1/2 the RAM for about $280, though I imagine the lack of on-screen buttons to be a major plus for this one. Unfortunately, I don't see the point of paying this much if I can snag a G-Tablet with a Tegra 2 for just $300 (screen issues aside), or shell out $350 for a dock-less Eee Transformer and get Tegra 2 and Honeycomb all at once. If there's going to be a decent sub-$300 tablet with specs like these that wants to make a splash it should be closer to $200 these days and not $300.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Are you kidding, my ELocity A7 is only 20 bucks more and has Dual Core tegra and double the ram and full size usb and hdmi !

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Yes, it is over priced for its competition!!! I would save a little more and get a Transformer!!!

beastman

May 8, 2011
The gtablet with be running 2.3.4 if you root it and install Cyanogenmod. I really like my tablet better than my laptop. There is enough free wifi in Austin.

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Yes, I would also get a G Tab over this one also. Especially if they can get the Honeycomb out of Alpha testing.