Benss B9 - suggestions and clarifications

Asaf

Feb 26, 2012
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing Benss B9 (from here), and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this device.
In addition, I was hoping if someone could solve a slight confusion for me - How much RAM does this device have?
According to the link I gave, it has 1GB (also see the 'reviews' section there for a little Q&A about that). But I've seen on other places that Benss B9 has only 512 MB RAM.

So which one is true? Or are these two different devices?

And another question (I hope it's OK to have so many questions in a single thread) - is there a risk of rootkits / spyware in a new tablet? For example, a pre-installed key logger or anything risky of this sort?

Thanks!

Last edited:

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, glad to answer your questions.
First Benss is not a new brand,it is a korea brand, and recently they begin to do tablet, pc, this B9 is the newest model from them, it should have two different version,one is 512MB DDR3 and 8GB memory,and the other is 1GB DDR3 and 16GB memory, so you can pick anyone you are interested.

If you are interested in this product, you can check it on our site: [h=1]Benss B9 [/h]
We offer DHL free shipping,and one year warranty for our tablets.

Any other questions, you can PM me.

manntrexe

Mar 7, 2012
Hi,

I bought a Benss B9 2 days ago in Shenzhen Hua Qiang Bei market.

Today, I tried downloading some PRODUCTIVITY APPs in Google Play App Store but B9 is not a supported device.

It is not in the list and Google can't recognize this device automatically as well.

Also there is a yellow box under the App Screen Shot saying " You Don't Have Any Devices ".

So BENSS B9 is nothing more than a tablet PC with an Android OS.

Prove me otherwise. I'm quite upset about this.

UPDATE :

It seems I cannot get Android Apps directly from the Tablet Browser. Upon checking my Google Account, GOOGLE PLAY has registered my activity :
-> Brand : Unknown
-> Device : B9

That is good.

In order to gain access to Android Tablet Apps, I have to use the MARKET application ( which is pre-installed on the BENSS B9 ).

From the MARKET interface, it is easy to search, buy and install the productivity apps that I was looking for.

ISSUE:

My BENSS has blacked out 4 times when I was using it to view videos from an external hard-disk. It shutdown by itself.

However, all my other apps are working nicely.

Last edited: