Best 9.7" (1024x768) tablet for about £150 ($250)?

IvorB

Apr 5, 2012
Hi.

I am interesting in buying my first tablet and was looking for advise about which to choose.
There seems to be loads to choose from.

Mandatory requirements are:
  • 9.7" (1024 x 768)
  • Android 4
  • CPU at least 1GHz
  • 1GB RAM DDR3 memory
  • 16GB storage
  • USB OTG
  • Dual Camera

Nice to have are:
  • HDMI out
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS

I quite like the SANEI N90 but its a shame the real camera is just 2.0.

Main usages are:
  • Reading PDFs
  • Internet browsing
  • Apps like facebook
  • Some games like Angry birds.

Can anyone recommend a better/suitable tablet?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I have sanei n90 & I'm very happy with it. Most tabs only have 2.0 mp cameras. Some are 2.0 front and back (sanei isn't) but the only one I know with a better camera is the onda vi40 elite which is 1.3 front & 5.0 rear. Some are advertised as 'dual 2.0' but are really only the same as this sanei so make sure you confirm its 2 x 2.0 if that's what you want. The camera isn't too bad but I wouldn't buy a tab for photo's. I myself would look for more memory and higher specs. The onda has this (if you get the 16gb version). Most of the others there's not a lot to choose between them. Is it front or rear camera that's important? If rear id go for the onda. If front then look for a model that has 2.0mp front and back.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

IvorB

Apr 5, 2012
To be honest - you're probably right about the camera. So many tablets seem to have similar specs - I was trying to find the "best" one. Are there any major differences between Sanei N90 and Window N90? They seem comparable but the Window seems to cost a bit more?

If CPU, RAM and storage were the main concerns, what is the best 9.7" tablet for £150 ($250)?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
All I can find is the camera location. I was going to get the yuandao, but the deal at mcbub for the sanei was for me, a safer bet. Mainly coz of dhl free shipping rather than china post. It would've cost about the same, but mcbub, being a supporting vendor on here swung it.,

Jiinai

Apr 19, 2012
I have sanei n90 & I'm very happy with it. Most tabs only have 2.0 mp cameras. Some are 2.0 front and back (sanei isn't) but the only one I know with a better camera is the onda vi40 elite which is 1.3 front & 5.0 rear. Some
icon7.gif
are advertised as 'dual 2.0' but are really only the same as this sanei so make sure you confirm its 2 x 2.0 if that's what you want. The camera isn't too bad but I wouldn't buy a tab for photo's. I myself would look for more memory and higher specs. The onda has this (if you get the 16gb version). Most of the others there's not a lot to choose between them. Is it front or rear camera that's important? If rear id go for the onda. If front then look for a model that has 2.0mp front and back.

Thanks everyone..... :)