Best budget Android tablet

blued

Jun 19, 2012
Hi all I'm new to the forum.

Work have asked me to research Android tablets and given the budget, approx £100/$150, I'm looking at the low end of the market. Only requirements are at least a 7" screen and Android 3.0 or newer. There is so much out there and most are brands I have never heard of.

Can anyone recommend something that stands out from the crowd? Is there a comparison somewhere?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

Work have asked me to research Android tablets and given the budget, approx £100/$150, I'm looking at the low end of the market. Only requirements are at least a 7" screen and Android 3.0 or newer. There is so much out there and most are brands I have never heard of.

Can anyone recommend something that stands out from the crowd? Is there a comparison somewhere?

Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [OVX610W] - $108.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electroni

hi, here's a link to a good tab from a trustworthy supplier at a very affordable price. some would say the ainol tornado is better but i believe that the tornado has mips based firmware which many apps may not be compatible with so i recommend this one. onda are a well known chinese tablet maker & this seller is also a supporting vendor on this site so you will get good aftersales service as well. you may find cheaper suppliers but it can be hit & miss on how reliable they are. i would much rather have peace of mind when buying something from china & this company has never let me down. they are friendly helpful & hones plus they only sell genuine branded tablets, not oem copies that can be less reliable. well worth a look. you have nothing to lose. if this tab is not for you, you might find something on their site that fits your bill. good luck.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Hi blued,
Welcome to the forum.
Based on your requirements, i think you should have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Aurora and the Ainol novo 7 Elf II. They're the top two best 7 inch tablets within $150. you can do some research, hope you'll soon get your beloved tablet! Good luck! :)

robinpe

May 29, 2012

This is the best deal I have found, I've had it for 2 weeks & I'm very happy with it. You won't find a better seller either. Look at the reviews on the site at Amazon. Note: 16 GB + add another 16GB & 1GB memory. robinpe
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-ULTIMATE-Capacitive-Android-tablet/dp/B007V5XL94/ref=/ref=cm_cd_f_pb_t

Last edited:

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Hi!
I think that ainol novo 7 elf 2 is one of the best tablets for its price now.
Of course you can buy a cheaper tablet that'd still be decent - ainol paladin/mars/tornado.
The great thing about elf2 is that it has a double core cpu and gpu - which is the newest tech for chinese tabs - only rk3066 could be considered better because it has a quad gpu - but the tabs with it are 200$+.
Also it has a really decent ram - 1gb and what's more it's DDR3.
Here are some things you might find useful:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s/41270-rockchip-3066-vs-amlogic-8726-mx.html
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-you-can-buy-ainol-tablets-please-sticky.html
Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Review: The Best 7 Inch Dual Core Android Tablet, for now! - YouTube

Also I think that the elf2 currently outmatches the iPad1 and is close in performance to the iPad2 -check the chipset link for more info.
Btw, you should note that maybe in 1 year the tablets for this price would most likely be quad core - so think if you need it now or if you should wait.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2012

Hi blued, Ainol Novo 7 Elf II and Ainol Novo 7 Aurora are great 7 inch tablets under your budget:

Ainol Novo 7 Elf II: Dual core, Android 4.0/1G RAM/8G internal storage/1024x600 resolution, $149 shipped.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora: IPS screen/Android 4.0/1G RAM/8G internal storage/1024x600 resolution, $149 shipped.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012

Hi, Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II is a fantastic 7 inch dual core tablet and it is around your budget.

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
My mum has got hooked on the idea of having a tablet and just ordered MOMO8 Bird. For UK (European?) customers there is a supplier based in Glasgow who is the official Ployer distributor. He has quickly responded to my email enquiries and confirmed that they are supplied with the latest Ployer customised English only (no Chinese apps etc) firmware and UK 3-pin power supply included. My mum hasn't told me whether she's got it yet or how it's going but all the reviews are 5/5 stars, so looks like a great choice. Priced at £110 including delivery for an 8" 1028x768, Android 4.0 ICS tablet has got to be worth considering. I have bought the MOMO11 Bird that was £150 and I am really impressed with this, which is what has lead my mum to select a Ployer tablet. Ployer seem to produce well spec'd tablets with good build quality and a sleek design. They also seem to provide good support with regular firmware updates.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the MOMO8 Bird, so I hope to write a review of it once I've visited my mum and had a chance to try it for myself.

Details can be found via Ployer's website HERE

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 is still the best for me amongst other tabs available in the market today... or probably i have not use 'em all... lol

tnsporting90

Jun 4, 2012
Students as well as professionals around the world have more options to choose as far as low-cost tablets go with a global education company launching an android tablet costing $100.
I think it is best budget Android tablet.
Thanks.