Best Nexus 7 (2013) Cases

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
24afaeda71228e454a261bca401d1047
by Ankit Banerjee on February 13, 2014 11:47 am

The Nexus 7 (2013) features the ideal combination of high-end specifications and a budget-friendly price point. While not without its flaws, the very attractive price, along with a stock Android experience and the promise of timely OS updates, made the Google tablet, manufactured by Asus, one of the best of 2013. There are some great accessories for the Nexus 7 (2013), and today, we’ll be focusing on one type of accessory in particular – cases.

Be it for style, comfort, portability, and of course, protection, there are numerous choices to look into for the Nexus 7 (2013), and here, we round up some of the best. Let’s get started!

Slim Fit Cases

Cruzerlite Androidified A2 Travel Cover

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-cruzerlite-androidified.jpg

The Cruzerlite Anroidified A2 case is a gel case made from shock absorbent and scratch resistant thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), and provides great day-to-day protection from accidental bumps and spills, while being slim and form-fitting. The sleek, light-weight design of the case fully wraps around the phone while also raising the front of the phone to protect the screen while face down. Precise cutouts provide easy access to all ports, while buttons are covered, but easy to press. The case features a custom Andy the Android print at the back, and is available in numerous color options, including black, blue, clear, green, pink, smoke, and orange, to name a few. Buy now on Amazon for $17.95.

Fosmon DURA Frost

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-fosmon-dura-frost.jpg

The Fosmon DURA Frost is a durable snap on cover, that is made using high-quality thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) to ensure long lasting durability and protection. It helps guard your device against drops, bumps, scratches, smears, dust, and dirt, and is washable. Full access to all device ports, slots, and features are available, while the buttons are covered for additional protection. It is very easy to apply, and adds practically no bulk to the tablet. Color options available for this case include black, blue and clear. Buy now on Amazon for $2.50.

Honorable Mentions:

Sleeves

ASUS VersaSleeve

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-asus-versasleeve.jpg

The ASUS VersaSleeve is a tablet sleeve compatible with all ASUS 7-inch tablets, including the Nexus 7 (2013). This case is an envelope-style sleeve, with the envelope flap staying closed with a magnetic strip. The exterior is a soft, synthetic leather material, while the interior features a very soft micro-fiber material, to keep the device scratch-free. The sleeve also folds over and can be used a stand for the tablet, in two configurable positions. Multiple color options include black, blue, pink, and white. Buy now on Amazon for $23.98.

Dockem Synthetic Leather Sleeve

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-dockem-sleeve.jpg

If you’re looking for a simple, elegant, and professional sleeve for your Nexus 7 (2013), The Dockem Synthetic Leather Sleeve is the perfect choice for you. The sleeve features a dark brown synthetic leather exterior, with the inside lined with a soft microber felt, to keep the device scratch and dust free, with enough cushioning to protect the tablet against minor bumps. The simple design means that there are no clasps, flaps, or buckles, making it very easy to slide the tablet in and out of the sleeve. Buy now on Amazon for $6.99.

Honorable Mentions:

Flip/Folio Cases

MoKo Slim-Fit Stand Cover

nexus-7-2013-accessories-moko-slimfit-case.jpg

The MoKo Slim-Fit Stand Cover Case is made from a premium PU leather exterior and microfiber interior, along with a padded front cover and hard plastic back, for complete overall protection, including corners. Closing and opening the front cover automatically wakes or puts the device to sleep. The built-in stand is adjustable to several angles, depending on your requirement, and the case includes a hand strap at the back to hold the tablet and minimize the chance of an accidental drop. The MoKo case is stylish, and is available in numerous color options including black, blue, red, orange, and pink, along with more expensive versions made with a carbon-fibre material, as well as genuine leather. Buy now on Amazon, starting from $15.99. [ The Poetic Slimline is a very similar style case priced at: $14.95 at Amazon ]

GreatShield VANTAGE Denim Fabric Case

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-greatshield-vantage.jpg

The GreatShield VANTAGE features a trendy design that provides style and protection, with its denim fabric exterior, and soft microfiber interior, which keeps the display scratch-free when not in use. The case comes with an adjustable stand that lets you position your tablet in various positions. The case also comes with an auto wake/sleep feature, whenever the flip cover is opened or closed. This case is available in multiple color options that include black, blue, and pink. Buy now on Amazon for $12.95.

Devicewear Ridge

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-devicewear-ridge.jpg

The Devicewear Ridge folio case features a textured vegan leather exterior that shields the device from bumps and spills, while its soft micro suede interior cushions the screen from scratches. This case is very slim and light-weight, but provides great overall protection. The case can be converted into a stand, that allows for five varied viewing angles. All ports and buttons are easily accessible, and this case also comes with an auto sleep/wake feature. While the magnet is used for this feature, the flip cover is held in its closed position using an elastic strap. The Devicewear Ridge is available in black, blue, and red. Buy now on Amazon for $20.99.

Honorable Mentions:

Cases with Keyboard

Bear Motion Premium Folio Case with Detachable Bluetooth Keyboard

nexus-7-2013-accessories-bear-motion-folio-case-with-keyboard.jpg

The Bear Motion Premium Folio Case is made using a durable PU leather material, and is elegant looking, while also protecting the tablet well. It is easy to pair the magnetic detachable bluetooth keyboard with the device, and is light-weight, yet sized reasonably well, and has good tactile feedback. The case features all the proper cutouts for access to the camera, power button, volume rocker, and ports, and also comes with a sturdy kickstand. Buy now on Amazon for $28.99.

EnGive PU Leather Case with Bluetooth Keyboard

nexus-7-2013-accessories-engive-leather-case-with-keyboard.jpg

The EnGive PU Leather Case features a PU leather material that is comfortable to hold, and offers all-round protection for your device. The magnetic detachable keyboard features a built-in 500 mAh battery, and includes special function keys to lock the device, put it in sleep mode, start a slideshow, return to home, and more. The case has precise cutouts for easy access to all buttons and ports, and also includes a kickstand. Buy now on Amazon for $34.98.

Honorable Mentions:

Cases with Kickstand

MPERO IMPACT X Series

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-mpero-impact-x.jpg

The MPERO IMPACT X is made of the highest quality polycarbonate plastic and shock absorbing silicone, giving your device maximum protection and enhanced grip. The outer shell comes with a kickstand feature which makes it ideal for watching videos, movies, reading, and browsing the web, in both landscape and portrait orientation. Color options include black and pink. Buy now on Amazon for $14.95.

Fosmon HYBO-V Hybrid Kickstand Case

best-nexus-7-2013-cases-fosmon-hybrid-stand.jpg

The Fosmon HYBO-V case features dual-layer protection, with its hybrid combination of polycarbonate (PC) and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), to help protect against minor drops, bumps, scratches, dust, and dirt. Full access to all ports, buttons, and features are available, and the case comes with a V-shaped stand gives you better stability for media viewing without having to hold the case. Buy now on Amazon for $5.97.

Honorable Mentions:

Rugged Cases

Trident Aegis Rugged Case

nexus-7-2013-accessories-trident-aegis.jpg

The rugged Trident Aegis Case meets military standards for vibration and drop (26 drops on concrete from 4 feet) tests, and features a silicone skin with double-thick silicone corners, along with anti-skid pads, to protect your tablet from bumps and shock. A sleek hardened-polycarbonate outer frame provides even more protection. The charging port and headphone jack are covered with silicone plugs, keeping dirt and debris out, and the case features high-quality dust filters prevent dust particles from entering the tablet. The case features a protective bezel around the front of the device to prevent damage from face down drops, with the package also including a screen protector. Buy now on Amazon for $37.99.

Honorable Mentions:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I bought a leather case from Fintie. It has a lot of nice features, and you can stand the tablet up on a couple angles for use on a table. It has everything but a pocket for business cards or a coffee-club card.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm using a Fintie/GoMoKo case. The old Fintie lasted almost TWO years!

The GoMoKo has the same design as the older Fintie case. The old Fintie's corner grippers got loose, so the tablet could conceivably fall out of the case while you're holding it. The new one's corner grippers fit tightly; in fact, it's kind of a pain to get the tablet out to angle it for viewing! The old one served well for over a year, and the design never left me without access to the ports, buttons, or the back camera.

I did buy a GreatSheild Vantage to put away as a spare for when I will need it, because it was far less expensive than the GoMoKo case. I'd like to keep using my Nexus 7-13 for many more years than my Palm TE lasted!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
HIguys,

I just got my GreatSheild Vantage case. It's nicely made, with real Denim cloth. It has cutouts for the controls, speakers and the rear camera, notification LED, and I had no problems using any of them. The tablet is held in place by a soft rubbery frame and a small flap with Velcro that tucks under the tablet after it's inserted, ensuring that the tablet can't come loose without you purposely pulling the velcroed flap out first.. It also has a creased back so you can angle the tablet and "hook" it into some slots on the front cover.

It seems to be a better design than the Fintie case, for these points.

There was a problem, though, with the smart smart switch: the magnet in the case was not quite in the right place; you needed to make sure the flap was pulled over tightly, because the magnet was not exactly in the right spot. I put in a small magnet ( the kind from an earbud earphone) in the right spot, and the screen turns off & on even when the flap is loosely closed- you still need to get a feel for how to properly close it, but it is not a difficult thing to do.

Another small, annoying problem is to get the notofications shade to pull down. Because of the size of the rubbery frame, you have little room to get your fingertips to the top EDGE of the screen to pull the list down. There was no problem tapping the Back, Home, and Recent buttons.

I'm satisfied with the case, and I might order a spare, as you can't wipe it clean, like the PU leather ones.

Personally, I'd like a second hole for the back camera so you can take pictures even with the flap folded over backward. Otherwise you still need to let the flap hang down whilst taking a picture.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The case I'm using now is what I'd call an ideal design: The GreatShield Vantage. It has a soft cloth/denim-like covering, fits the Nexus 7 2013 precisely, has cutouts for the cameras, LED and sensors, there is a good amount of padding in case you drop it, and a 'smart case' feature, although I added my own magnet, because the one embedded in the flap just didn't work right. The only thing you might not like is the small flap with Velcro on it that is used to lock the tablet in the case. If you are in a hurry to get the tablet out, it is a bit of a hindrance (obviously) so you just need to think ahead. The other thing is you need to be careful with the cover; because it like denim cloth, it could soak up dirt (powdered sugar in my case) or other stuff that could cause a stain and would need a special cleaning technique, because you can't wipe it clean like lether or plastic.