Best stylus for Iconia A210

zener773

Jan 29, 2013
Hello everyone! i recently purchased an Iconia a210. Its being shipped as we speak and I cant wait. I want to use it to take class notes so I'm going to need a stylus. any recommendations? I heard styli performance on Acer tabs is far from great. Any advice?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Beware most rubber tipped stylus, they are usually only good for tapping the screen. The one exception is the Pogo Sketch Pro, a very nice replaceable tip stylus. Other than that use a fiber (or whatever they are made of) tipped stylus, Caseen makes some great ones like the Vibe.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I agree with Tom but you may also want to look at the Adonit Jot (Pro). It is the most natural feeling stylus I have had my hands on and feels like you're writing with a pen.

zener773

Jan 29, 2013
I agree with Tom but you may also want to look at the Adonit Jot (Pro). It is the most natural feeling stylus I have had my hands on and feels like you're writing with a pen.

Has anyone actually tried any of those two on an Acer tablet? The Adonit Jot does get great reviews but of course that's using an Ipad. I'll check out the Pogo Sketch pro.

zener773

Jan 29, 2013
Which Jot are you using, the original or the newest one (Adonit Jot Pro Dampening stylus)?

zener773

Jan 29, 2013
Using the original but some of my customers opted for the newer Pro. One I just heard from this evening said it was one of the best peripheral investments he's ever made.

That's great. Do you use a screen protector like an antiglare protector or similar? I heard it makes any stylus less effective. Thanks for your help.

zener773

Jan 29, 2013
Beware most rubber tipped stylus, they are usually only good for tapping the screen. The one exception is the Pogo Sketch Pro, a very nice replaceable tip stylus. Other than that use a fiber (or whatever they are made of) tipped stylus, Caseen makes some great ones like the Vibe.

The Caseen Vibe is an intriguing product. There aren't many reviews for it, but the user feedback is good. How does it handle handwriting? I'm planning to write equations with it using Supernote app. Thanks for your help.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It seems to come down to resistence and persistence of recognition. The Caseen does not skip and recognition is consistent. Almost sounds technical but it's not, it's just my experience. I used the Caseen Vibe to take notes and it was consistent and comfortable, although a bit small. They have newer models that seem to address this, well worth looking into. Its all a matter of preference, and difficult to decide without trying all options. I found the Jot to be very consistent, but the sound and feel scared me, I felt it had to be scratching the glass but it did not. Perception is hard to dismiss though.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That's great. Do you use a screen protector like an antiglare protector or similar? I heard it makes any stylus less effective. Thanks for your help.

None of the users I support are using a screen protector but it works well with most.

caseenBrandon

Nov 15, 2011
The Caseen Vibe is an intriguing product. There aren't many reviews for it, but the user feedback is good. How does it handle handwriting? I'm planning to write equations with it using Supernote app. Thanks for your help.

Give us a try, you won't regret it! We have a great return policy in place as well!