Best tablet for my daugther?

Wanderer

Dec 5, 2011
Hello all,

Just joined this site and first off, thanks for having me. I have a question for you all. We were out with family over the weekend and my brother-in-law had a Ipad 2 for his daughters, mine who is almost 2 was all over it. Playing match games and such with funny sounds. FINALLY SOMETHING TO KEEP HER BUSY FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES!!!

I am looking for an Android tablet (I will not go near Apple) that would play games like this and possibly let her watch a movie in the car. I would maybe use this for FB and maybe a couple of games (nothing new and spectacular) I don't want to spend a whole lot obviously because I can see her somehow destoying it sooner than later.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
If you're looking at a cheaper but still capacitive screen the cheapest I know of is the Coby's. I am probably going to go for their MID1125 model myself after Christmas, but you might do well with their MID1024 model. It has a widescreen aspect ratio for betting movie viewing as does the MID1125 (16:9) and a capacitive screen, Here is the Coby Website info on the MID1024 and the one I am getting is about $20 more on Amazon right now, it's newer is why I want it, it has Android 2.2, whereas the newer one has Gingerbread the Android 2.3 OS. I think these tablets offer a good bang for your buck and you can check out their reviews on amazon for what people are saying and look in our Coby Forums here on AndroidTablets.Net. Welcome to the board Wanderer! Glad you joined us. :D

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
Something under $300 (remember I am in Canada so prices up here are more expensive)

With the exchange rate lately, it might be worth it to take a vacation down to the US and pick up one here. Although I was on vacation in Toronto a week and a half ago and the prices for tablets up there were pretty comparable to the prices here in the US.

Wanderer

Dec 5, 2011
Just looked and the same tablet on amazon.com is $100 less than the one on amazon.ca I might just order it from the .com and pay the extra shipping. It will still be $70 less.

With the exchange rate lately, it might be worth it to take a vacation down to the US and pick up one here. Although I was on vacation in Toronto a week and a half ago and the prices for tablets up there were pretty comparable to the prices here in the US.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Which one did you settle on Wanderer? Which ever one you are getting I am sure your daughter will love it! :D

Wanderer

Dec 5, 2011
Haven't settled yet. Just started looking and getting some good advice here. I might just wait until boxing day to see if I can get a better deal. I am sure she can wait a few more weeks.

Which one did you settle on Wanderer? Which ever one you are getting I am sure your daughter will love it! :D

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Good, it takes time and for me written notes to get my head around which device had the best features for the money we are willing to spend on a device. Good luck with the research, if you need any help or have questions just run a search on the model or the question and if nothing comes up don't hesitate to post about it. My favorite feature is the searcher here, it works great! Usually I get a ton of results when I include the device model number I am looking at.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello all,

Just joined this site and first off, thanks for having me. I have a question for you all. We were out with family over the weekend and my brother-in-law had a Ipad 2 for his daughters, mine who is almost 2 was all over it. Playing match games and such with funny sounds. FINALLY SOMETHING TO KEEP HER BUSY FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES!!!

I am looking for an Android tablet (I will not go near Apple) that would play games like this and possibly let her watch a movie in the car. I would maybe use this for FB and maybe a couple of games (nothing new and spectacular) I don't want to spend a whole lot obviously because I can see her somehow destoying it sooner than later.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi Wanderer, If you're looking for a 10" tablet PC with under $300, then, i'd suggest you to have a look at our Zenithink C91 : 10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
it's for $224.9 with shipping, you can check the link for more detailed information.
hope you enjoy the online tablet buying, welcome!:)