Best Tablet for my use

prfek

Jul 29, 2011
I am new to the use of a tablet and at 67 years old need it to be kept simple. What I want is to be able to get books like an ereader, from purchase and library loan, and to be able to maybe surf the web when I am not using it for reading. The ability to play audio books would be good to. I have seen tablets from $67 to $1000. Now for my purposes I don't need to spend any more than necessary to just get a fairly reliable product. I knew that the members of this forum would be the right people to ask this question. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:D

beastman

May 8, 2011
Do you have any children or grandchildren that can install cm or can you do it yourself? If so, I suggest the viewsonic gtablet, which is $279 at office depoit otherwise get the $100 off coupon and get a tablet it is good for.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Jun 29, 2011
Disclaimer; I'm 47 and needed a tablet that has a resolution and size that I can see clearly so I'm biased toward the 10" size.
The tablet world offers a huge potential for making your life easier AFTER acclimation to the" there's an app for that " philosophy. Most things you ask about you can easily get an app on the market that will work well on your device. http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=nboy...YQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFdrSb7f2DWs__Jl_Bsy4Sayu4qxg is a place to go and see which device the app you are interested in works well with. Just use the search feature for what you want. Example for book reader just search book reader and choices will show up and reviews should help with deciding what's best for you.
For me speed , weight and size were my biggest concerns then screen resolution and battery life. I wanted the fastest with the best battery life and chose the Galaxy Tab 10.1, which was at the time .
Some screens use resistive touch (press the screen and pressure on the screen causes the action to take place) and some are capacitive( just touching causes the reaction) . Capacitive requires a much lighter touch and can be more accurate .
I truly believe with your intentions in mind you won't go wrong on any decision, just that some offer more abilities, speed and features than others.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Welcome. Depending on what size you want, I would say a nook color which is 7" and a Viewsonic gtab for 10"