BigLots D2 (D201209) Rooted, But Not on System Partition

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
I already searched but found no answers yet...

Hello everyone, I was under the impression that the Diablotek D2 Pad, better known as BigLots D2 Tablet came rooted from the factory.

Which is partially true, at least on mine (D201209), because Titanium Backup and others say it's actually rooted, but every time I try to R/W the System partition I simply can't.

I already did the usual stuff like BusyBox, SuperUser, etc... Actually even Root Checker says I'm rooted. But no, it's not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
I tried through Root Explorer and through Terminal Emulator after issuing the SU command, which by the way its not working because I didn't get the superuser request window.

I know I have only what its called partial root.

Any ideas?

Thanks

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
you need to install superuser and set it up. until you get su working in terminal you wont be able to mount rw.

Thanks, but that's the thing... Even though I have installed Superuser, I can't make it work because the Sistem/bin or System/xbin is not writable. In fact the System folder is writable but I can't change permissions somehow.

That's commonly known as partial root. However none of the methods to fix described over at xda forums seem to work on this device.

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks again but I already tried that, actually that's where I initially found about the partial root issue. When I was following the guide to install CWM Recovery.

Su remount works all the way to where I have to CHMOD 775 some file.

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
The thing is that there's already SU in the System/xbin folder (see photo).

I thought of upgrading SU but it fails due to permission problems on the folder.
That's how I've always fixed partial roots on my other Android devices, except this one.

$Su.jpg

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
that su doesn't look correct, you have cwm recovery installed? that size is a dummy file not real.

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
Yes I have it installed. But I couldn't perform a backup, it failed while backing up the system partition, but I guess its related to the root issue.

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks again for you help, but still no go...

Supposedly these tablets are rooted by default aren't they? I don't know what's the deal...

I will try to start from scratch by reinstalling the original recovery.img and perform a factory reset... *sighs*

$error.jpg