Black screen on my note

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Few minutes ago it was working and know I hear the sound of the volume , if I press home and power I hear the click of the screenshot but the screen is black, there was a little bit of a rainbow color in a corner before it turned to black.So that's how an Android dies? Anything I can do for it? It is still kind of breathing...should I massage it's heart or something like that? Any help it will be greatly appreciated of course!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I found somewhere in the area where they fix both phones and tablets, since we don't really know what the note is!:) It's the LCD or that how everybody call it even though the note doesn't have LCD . For the price of the repair I could have bought the new note, with the 2years contract though but I have stuff in my note I can't loose.......stupid of me not to save it somewhere!

Last edited:

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
What the last thing you did before the screen turn blank?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I was having sex!:-D Just playing.......last thing I did was to answer a call, then I forgot the phone on the charger in the car,I went to get it and the screen was black. The guy that is going to fix it , said it's from the fall......I dropped it a couple of days earlier but nothing happened at that time.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Have you tried connecting it with your computer? Curious if it is just the screen, becouse if you can sync or back up to your computer, say with kies, you may be able to just get a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I thought of kies,but to connect the phone through lies I have to go to kies on the phone and I can't see anything! I remember I installed an app on my note I believe it's a Samsung app that helps to find the phone if one loses it. It's called tek trac, not sure if it spell like that, and I think one could operate the phone from a PC or may be I've dreamt of an app like that? But I don't know how to use it

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Gloria,

I'm sorry to read about your problems with your note, I know how much you love it.
Sorry to state something obvious but have you tried removing the battery & then replacing it , to reset the phone ?

Good luck I hope you get it sorted

Mark :cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Mark,I just got my phone back this minute from the repair shop, it was the amoled screen, I had to change it, now it's perfect again..I thought for a moment to get the note II but I had things in this one I couldn't lose .I need to find a way to save pics and notes I have here in case something happens again. Now , after almost 10 days without my note,I love it even more! Thank you got your concern, hope everything is fine with your Androids! :-D

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Gloria,

Glad your sorted,
To back up try Clickfree backup in conjunction with google drive / sugarsync / dropbox etc, I use clickfree on all my android devices, first set up your free cloud storage account then set up clickfree & give it permission to access your cloud storage, then choose what you want to backup', options include photo's / videos / apps / bookmarks / sms messages & more !
Also if you have a app on one device but the play store says its incompatible with your other device, you can back it up on device A & restore it to device B & try it to see if it works (i find most will work despite what the playstore say's !)

All the apps,
clickfree mobile backup
google drive
dropbox
sugarsync
are free & available on the the play store.

Enjoy & let me know how you get on , btw the first backup on the device will take a long time (depends on your wifi or 3g connection speed) I tend to backup onernight with the phone on charge in the hdmi dock using wifi .

I hope this is usefull to you,

Mark:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tank you Tom, Im going to try what you suggested .....you are always very useful! :O :)