Blank screen on Superpad

steve_h

Mar 21, 2011
Hi,

Having a problem with my new superpad. I've had it about a week. It was working just fine, except for the new update ( I believe it is v8 #2752) It is a little squirrely, as it wants to freeze up and have to do a reset about three times a day. But that's not my problem.
I found an option on the main screen that said "new widget". Under that it said "control". I pressed it. Along the top l/h corner it had 4 icons. One of them was a symbol like maybe a brightness control. I thought cool. I can change the brightness without going to settings. When I pressed it, the screen went blank, and nothing I do will bring it back. I've tried reset (the one on the bottom). Then when I turn it on, the ANDROID screen comes up, but after it loads, I get a real quick flash of perhaps the main screen, but then blank again. I know things are working, because I can here the wifi "bing" when I get a new email, and when I touch the screen I get a buzz, like I have selected something.
Is there a master reset that I can do, like holding certain buttons down? And would that wipe out all my settings and apps?
Thanks for any help

steve

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I really don't know why people are having these blank screen problems when I have no problems changing the brightness of my superpad. I believe its th 2xxx updates. Nvr applied them to my tablet.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Zubronok1

Jan 12, 2012
Hi,

Having a problem with my new superpad. I've had it about a week. It was working just fine, except for the new update ( I believe it is v8 #2752) It is a little squirrely, as it wants to freeze up and have to do a reset about three times a day. But that's not my problem.
I found an option on the main screen that said "new widget". Under that it said "control". I pressed it. Along the top l/h corner it had 4 icons. One of them was a symbol like maybe a brightness control. I thought cool. I can change the brightness without going to settings. When I pressed it, the screen went blank, and nothing I do will bring it back. I've tried reset (the one on the bottom). Then when I turn it on, the ANDROID screen comes up, but after it loads, I get a real quick flash of perhaps the main screen, but then blank again. I know things are working, because I can here the wifi "bing" when I get a new email, and when I touch the screen I get a buzz, like I have selected something.
Is there a master reset that I can do, like holding certain buttons down? And would that wipe out all my settings and apps?
Thanks for any help

steve

Hi the solution is press power menu and circular button of the screen in the same time