Bluekeyboard JP writing Asian characters!

AfterShafter

Dec 1, 2011
Hello all,

I have a Le Pan TC970 and recently managed to pair it with an Apple bluetooth keyboard with the intent of using the keyboard for doing long documents on the tablet. I used the free Bluekeyboard JP to do the pairing. Initially it worked fine, if a little slow. Over the past two days though, every time I start typing in the second sentence of what I'm working on in a variety of areas, the characters I'm typing are replaced with Asian characters immediately after I hit shift to capitalize the first letter. After that, any time there is any slowdown during typing (which happens somewhat often, tiny little hiccups while typing) it writes Asian characters. Does anyone have any idea why it does this, or how I can fix it? I've been fiddling with every language option I can find and pairing/re-pairing, shutting down and restarting, and the problem persists. Just a few days ago, I wrote a post in this forum with no problems.

As a side note, I had to download the APK for Bluekeyboard from some third party site since the file didn't appear in the market for me (I assume because I'm operating out of Canada). It installed easy as can be though, and did work fine for that first post... Any thoughts? Heck, is there any way I can delete the language from my tablet, even?

Thanks for your help - wild suggestions appreciated. Would prefer not to root my machine, but if necessary, would be worth it as a last resort to make this a viable machine for working on the go.

Edit: Oh, and, OS is Froyo 2.2.

Last edited:

AfterShafter

Dec 1, 2011
Hey all,

A shameless bump with a few more observations and another question. Typing with the above mentioned keyboard. Re-installed the app from the same file after a lot of searching for another copy of the APK file or something that would have the same function. No luck.

Asian characters are gone (for now), but typing is still very slow - if I type faster than half speed, it cannot keep up and typing comes out as a mess.

Does anyone have a suggestion for another app that would allow for me to hook a bluetooth keyboard up to this machine? Or hell, a USB keyboard? Any sort of physical keyboard? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get any sort of hardware keybaord up a running on th TC970? Would a differentkeyboard work better? Anyone know a dedicated app that would help, or one that is in production? Thank you very much for any and all info offered!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi AS, have you tried the Market now that you have the .apk installed to see if there is an update you can get? If you have another BT keyboard you can try it is probably worth paring it to see if it is any faster than the one you are using now.

JP