Bluetooth Issues

sandyb

Apr 19, 2011
I am not sure if this should be in the technical forum, if not please feel free to move it.

I am running tnt harmony, and if I connect stereo Bluetooth headphones to the gtab it works good. If I try to stream mp3's from a cloud it gets really choppy. Streaming from the cloud through the speakers is good. Normally I would think the tablet does not have the power to do this but it could be done with a much slower dell axim x51v provided the Bluetooth stack was swapped out

The bigger problem is that after the Bluetooth headphones are disconnected,unpaired and the BT turned off, the speakers will not work unless I reboot. This does not seem to be a problem on my fruit tablet there is no problem, air play switches back and forth with no problem.

So the two questions are, does anyone else have problems with the Bluetooth streaming from another location, and if not is there an equivalent to Airplay for Android? And if people can get stereo Bluetooth with a2dp/avrcp and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
As far as alternative to Airplay on android there is Grooveshark and VLCShares. As to the bluetooth I am running CM7 atm and its doing the same thing. Choppy as hell using Google Cloud and it does not switch over to speakers unless I reboot. Cloud Player and Bluetooth reset works fine on my phone running 2.2 so its a rom, kernel issue, or hardware honestly not sure how to track it down without reverting to stock rom etc.

Last edited:

sandyb

Apr 19, 2011
I think it is a software as the symptoms were similar to the dell axim (I know this likely makes no sense) but I noticed thar's simply turning on the Bluetooth causes the wifi signal to drop and some times drop completely, even when nothing is paired.

Do all of the different Roms use the same BT stack/Drivers? Looking under settings or device I can't seem to find this issue on my G-Tab.