Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard Working

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I now have my Menotek Flexible BT keyboard and my Microsoft BT 5000 mouse both connected and working on my tablet. Here is how I did it.

First, download BlueInput version 1.8 from the market and install it.

Then, if you do not have it, get Root Explorer from the market and install it if you don't already have it installed.

In Root Explorer, copy the blueinputandroid_signed_1.8.203.apk from the download directory
Navigate to /system/app
Mount RW
Paste copied file
Mount RO
Long press the blueinput android apk file and give it full user rights
Close

Reboot your tablet

Upon restart, long press a text input area so that you can set your input to BlueInput. It will look like it did not work, but it is ok.

Open BlueInput from Apps and connect to your mouse and keyboard.

You should be all set.

This also makes it so when you go to a text box it does not pop up the virtual keyboard that takes up half the screen.

I am currently running the TnT_Harmony 1.2 ROM and have both mouse and keyboard working. There is no onscreen cursor, but the mouse works very well, just watch where it highlights.
Cheers,
P

cnguitarist

Jan 6, 2011
I would like to do this on the Xoom so I DL'd the BlueInput app, then using Astro I tried to find the file in the Download directory, but nothing was in there. Do I need to use Root Explorer? Looks like it's not free... Also, will this for sure work on my Xoom?

thanks!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Peter, you saw it on the market? I couldn't find it. But I found it here to download. Seems to launch ok. Once I get my keyboard in I'll give it a true shot.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I got it from their website, the version in the market needs to be sideloaded.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
OK I must have buffered something really bad. I followed the instructions but on long press it would not give an option of superuser rights. on reboot I just get immediate force close. Shipp what now? I feel I am headed in the right direction but getting there is a pain/learning oppurtunity. gotta keep the right perspective.

sbill1

May 28, 2011
So I now have my Menotek Flexible BT keyboard and my Microsoft BT 5000 mouse both connected and working on my tablet. Here is how I did it.

First, download BlueInput version 1.8 from the market and install it.

Then, if you do not have it, get Root Explorer from the market and install it if you don't already have it installed.

In Root Explorer, copy the blueinputandroid_signed_1.8.203.apk from the download directory
Navigate to /system/app
Mount RW
Paste copied file
Mount RO
Long press the blueinput android apk file and give it full user rights
Close

Reboot your tablet

Upon restart, long press a text input area so that you can set your input to BlueInput. It will look like it did not work, but it is ok.

Open BlueInput from Apps and connect to your mouse and keyboard.

You should be all set.

This also makes it so when you go to a text box it does not pop up the virtual keyboard that takes up half the screen.

I am currently running the TnT_Harmony 1.2 ROM and have both mouse and keyboard working. There is no onscreen cursor, but the mouse works very well, just watch where it highlights.
Cheers,
P

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by full user rights. When I long press the Blueinput apk I don't see an option to grant full user rights. There's an option to grant permissions. Do you mean grant all permissions listed? Also did you download the Blueinput trial or did you purchase this apk?

Thanks

scann

May 29, 2011
You don't have to download the blue input app to make your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work on your android device. Just pair it using your find Bluetooth devices and it will work without having to download blue input 14 day trial app. I'm using the dell streak 7 with an apple magic mouse and verbatim folding keyboard great.

laurenh

Apr 6, 2011
You don't have to download the blue input app to make your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work on your android device. Just pair it using your find Bluetooth devices and it will work without having to download blue input 14 day trial app. I'm using the dell streak 7 with an apple magic mouse and verbatim folding keyboard great.

Sorry, but that isn't true for all Android devices, or for all custom ROMs. Some need special support files known as "HID profiles" to be loaded by the OS. There is a procedure for obtaining the files and doing this by hand, but it isn't exactly simple and must be repeated after every boot.

I haven't personally seen a ROM that lacked a working Bluetooth stack, but I suppose I wouldn't take that for granted on any given device, either.

gklugie

Mar 26, 2012
this is confusing. I was not able to input this text with my tablet.... I needed to use an external bluetooth keyboard.