Bluetooth range with headphones

intelmax

Aug 3, 2011
Hello there,

I'm using a set of Plantronics Backbeat 906 bluetooth headphones. It paired without a problem to the tab and works great. The only issue is the range.

With either my iphone, PSP, HP laptop with bluetooth dongle, I can be more than 30 feet away from the device (in interiors of course) and still get the sign without almost any glitch.

With the Iconia it seems I need to be near the tablet to avoid losing connection. Sometimes I'm just 3 ft away from the tablet and I get cuts on the audio.

I don't think it is a problem with the headphones. Is someone experience something similar with the bluetooth range on this tablet? or maybe that's the way it is with the Iconia.

It is not a big deal, just want to figure out if it's a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards!

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Just a quick question, how is the audio quality on the headset when you are in range? And idk if you stated if you were using the Bluetooth dongle on the A500's USB port, or if tat is possible. I have a Bluetooth mouse, and a Bluetooth dongle for it and couldn't get it to work, and wasn't sure if it was the A500's Bluetooth or that of the dongle.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I have a set of Plantronics headphones and get good range from them, no difference between Galaxy S and A500.

Pete

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I have a Bluetooth mouse, and a Bluetooth dongle for it and couldn't get it to work, and wasn't sure if it was the A500's Bluetooth or that of the dongle.

As another point of info, I have a Dell bluetooth mouse. Very Standard.

31fNWX42CzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It pairs with the Acer just fine, and I can use the mouse wheel to roll thru the home screens on the acer from any corner of my house. Easily 50 feet away thru walls.

If your mouse has a dongle, it is almost certainly NOT bluetooth. Its a standard USB wireless mouse, invented way before bluetooth.
Oh, and these usually work too. Not always, but most of the time they do.

Bluetooth is a separate radio built into the tablet. Dongles use their own radio in the dongle. The dongles draw power. The built in bluetooth radio does too, but way less, (its typically built into the WIFI chipset).
Bluetooth is not a generic term. It has specific meaning, so to avoid confusion please lets not refer to usb wireless mice as bluetooth.

intelmax

Aug 3, 2011
Just a quick question, how is the audio quality on the headset when you are in range? And idk if you stated if you were using the Bluetooth dongle on the A500's USB port, or if tat is possible. I have a Bluetooth mouse, and a Bluetooth dongle for it and couldn't get it to work, and wasn't sure if it was the A500's Bluetooth or that of the dongle.

The audio quality is perfect, when I'm in close range to the tablet as I said.

Not using any dongle; the headphones connect directly to the tablet.

Maybe you can connect directly the mouse to the A500 via bluetooth?
Regards!

intelmax

Aug 3, 2011
I have a set of Plantronics headphones and get good range from them, no difference between Galaxy S and A500.

Pete

Thanks for replying Pete,

then perhaps it's my A500. Guess I'll try with another bluetooth device to see if the range problems remain. What range do you usually get (plantronics+A500) before the audio starts skipping? (in interiors)

BTW, when using the plantronics in exteriors sometimes I need to have the phone/player on my hand, since even in my pocket I get skips when turning my head. Do you have this same problem? besides that I love the plantronics, great sound quality.

Best regards!