Boot Problem on MID9740

Quetsch

Jun 14, 2015
Hello all, I hope Generation 3 is the right place for a 9740 (not 9742).
I'm looking for help with my sudden boot problem. The tablet is doing this:

- COBY screen a few seconds;
- Half-second black screen, then COBY screen again for a few (this is new);
- Android screen, but does not go anywhere.

I have three buttons on top: Power, Volume-/+, and Back. I have tried the combinations <Volume+> then <Power> and <Volume+/Back> then <Power>, the result is still the same.

I'm just happy that all my good stuff is on a MicroSD card... Any suggestions?

Quetsch

Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the answer, Spider, but damn the thing, nothing works. I've read stuff, watched stuff on YouTube and tried just about every permutation of those keys, It just re-flashes COBY and gets to the Android screen. Nobody seems to know the key sequence specific to the 9740 if there is one, the closest I've seen is the 9742.
So, since I've got the SD card on the side, I'm likely to just pitch it - I paid just $80 and got a year out of it, fair enough. But the COBY designers sucked, I think, just about as much as, I'd say, HP's ("Roulette"-Packard) ;)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the answer, Spider, but damn the thing, nothing works. I've read stuff, watched stuff on YouTube and tried just about every permutation of those keys, It just re-flashes COBY and gets to the Android screen. Nobody seems to know the key sequence specific to the 9740 if there is one, the closest I've seen is the 9742.
So, since I've got the SD card on the side, I'm likely to just pitch it - I paid just $80 and got a year out of it, fair enough. But the COBY designers sucked, I think, just about as much as, I'd say, HP's ("Roulette"-Packard) ;)
I explain how to get into recovery in this thread.

http://www.androidtablets.net/index.php?posts/295347
Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk