Bought used Coby 8024.... do I need to do a factory reset?

mylittledroid

Aug 29, 2011
This could be a very stupid question, but do I need to do a factory reset on a used tablet for safety reasons? It looks like the seller cleaned off everything personal he had on there and he claimed he barely used it the two weeks he owned it. But I don't know the guy and am very new to the tablet world. Is there any possible way he could obtain personal information such as passwords as I'm using it?

Not to sound paranoid, but I'm constantly amazed at what all technology is capable of ....good and evil!

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
As long as you add your own google account and not use his you should be good. If anything he should be worried your going to buy a bunch of apps from his account if he didn't remove it.

I would do a factory reset or just go to settings > manage applications and make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary installed.

mylittledroid

Aug 29, 2011
As long as you add your own google account and not use his you should be good. If anything he should be worried your going to buy a bunch of apps from his account if he didn't remove it.

I would do a factory reset or just go to settings > manage applications and make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary installed.

Thank you. I'll look into it. I'm leary of doing a full factory reset just in case he's already taken care of some bugs, but if I see anything strange, I can at least do that.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum mylittledroid, I'd do a factory reset just for my own peace of mind.