Brand New Ainol Novo 7 Paladin user...HELP!

Beckabee1981

Feb 23, 2012
I recently won a free Paladin from Android 4.0 Tablet Sale - See the newest technology in android tablets here at low prices and quality customer service. In dash DVD systems with 3G and Wi-Fi also available. A perfect addition to your SUV.. Yes, I really did win it, they are a new company who had a grand opening drawing and I won!

Anywho, out of the box the dang thing was entirely in Chinese. Well, I don't speak/read/write Chinese so after comparing the general settings layout with my other android tablet (le pan II) I was able to figure out how to get it in English..well at least MOSTLY in English.

Under Language and Input there is something called "Baidu Input" and a line just below it of Chinese symbols. What the heck are these? They are not on my LPII. I can't unselect them, only click on them in which more Chinese symbols appear...

This tablet is for my husband who is even less techie than me, so any shortcuts/tutorials/help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to install some pictures the same way as I did for my LPII, but they are lost somewhere between my laptop & the tab...(FAILURE!)

Also when I first started it up it had the "Go" marketplace, now it's showing the "Play Store", but I still can't find some of the apps that I have installed on my LPII. Textplus is specifically what I'm looking for...any help?!

Thanks so much in advance.

DrRichard

Feb 10, 2012
select English (UK) Android Keyboard, that will work ok for you
There are a lot of apps that will not work with Android 4 (YET I hope) and it seems that Textplus is one.
Just got to hope that the App developers get them updated soon.