brand new zt-180 will not root. android 2.2 stock

dracennight

May 19, 2011
ok so as the title says I have been trying to root my brand new zt-180 all day. Firts specs on the zt-180 I have...

10.2" screen
256 and 2 gig.
android 2.2 baseband version unknown
kernel version 2.6.32.9
build number zt180-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110425.120935 test-keys

got in in today.

so far I have tried Z4root, universalandroot, gingerbreak.

Still not rooted even with each saying they rooted first try. busy box say not rooted.
superuser also will not mount r/o I could really use some ideas.

I have an htc evo 4g I have rooted so this isn't my first root but I'm still really new at it so please walk me through it as simple as you can...LOL

dracennight

May 19, 2011
O ya and I can't get this stupid thing to boot into any kind of recovery mode. superuser needs to be updated manually so I need to go into recovery boot. (i know this may be done when I root but still wanted to mention it) the system will also not reboot on it's own. I have to power it off and back on myself.

dracennight

May 19, 2011
wow 77 views and not even any ideas... come on guys if you know of any other one click rooting or even a manual way to do it please let me know. pass me a link or anything. I am willing to try just about anything. I would even try unrevoked if I know which one would be the best to try.

dracennight

May 19, 2011
finally got superoneclick to run but failed the test. turns out that my tablet is auto booting into android"mass storage" to fix this every time I boot it I hold the volume button to the right the select andriod adb and boot it that way. the bad thing is still no root or update.....I need root bad.

dracennight

May 19, 2011
I have run universalroot v1.6.2 and it says it rooted yet busybox, titaniumbackup and absolute system all say not able to gain root access.

dracennight

May 19, 2011
almost seams to be more of an issue with superuser. the only difference I can find between the superuser on my phone and the tablet is the su version. I tried to update it but I get an error message that states " an error accurred and su was not updated. a zip file(su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on your sdcard, please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary." the issue is I can not get my tablet to boot into recovery. how do I reboot into recovery?

dev344

Jul 19, 2011
hi
I am facing the same problems. My tablet had superuser preinstalled too. So I can't even uninstall it :(

Any suggestions/help would be awesome.

socaljj

Feb 22, 2011
With all you have done to your system it is difficult to now just what is the state of your system.

My suggestion is download your software and re-burn your system so you know it is pristine,
then use universalandroot v1.6.1. NOTE the version. and DO NOT INSTALL superuser.

jerrydav

Sep 7, 2011
I confirm it works with Universal Androot 1.6.1 on a brand new ZT-180 even with superuser pre-installed. Just make sure you select "Don't install superuser" instead of "Android 2.0-2.2 Superuser" option.