bricked 7035 , How to get to recovery?

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
I've tried quite a few ways to enter the stock recovery menu of my 7035, I cant seem to get into it.

Does anyone know how to enter the menu? Or how to get ADB to connect to it.

My device is stuck in a reboot cycle with the Coby screen.

Last edited:

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
i cant access ADB because the device wont enter any modes to allow the pc to detect it as a device

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
when i try to enter Fastboot (power + vol down) the pc's sees it as a storage device called VIMICRO SUPER DISK USB DEVICE in the device manager, and a drive called VDfu with 512mb/512mb free (the ram?)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
not much you can do in fastboot or recovery mode. you need to be able to adb and remove the stuff you add to system. you can erase data from fastboot wont help much.

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
i just need to get into the recovery menu, i dont know the correct key combo to get into it

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I understand but what are you going to do if you get there? Nothing cause you have stock recovery.

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
I am just asking how to enter the mode, do you know the keys anything that can help me "Get into" the recovery mode?

Last edited:

Folken

Jul 18, 2012
Straight From Coby

Master Reset
Make sure unit is plugged in prior to starting this procedure.

1. Power unit completely off (press and hold down power button until power off box comes up on the screen, select ok)

2. Unit will shut down, wait until screen goes completely black.

3. Press and hold power, vol-, and back button together at the same time.

4. Hold all 3 buttons down, continue to hold all 3 buttons down past the COBY screen.

5. Android System Recovery screen will pop up.

6. Release all 3 buttons.

7. Use Vol- key to scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset"

8. Once "Wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted press the power button to make selection

9. On "confirm wipe of all user data " screen use vol- to scroll down and select YES -- delete all user data.

10. Press power button to make selection.

11. User data will be wiped out, reboot system now will be highlighted.

12. Press power button to make selection.

13. Unit will reboot.

14. Done.

Last edited:

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
darn pc still says its the 512mb disk connecting to it, and screen is black.

Thanks for the reply :)

pahyu

Jul 29, 2012
Totally agree.
liuhan1.jpg
liuhan2.jpg
liuhan3.jpg

Folken

Jul 18, 2012
darn pc still says its the 512mb disk connecting to it, and screen is black.

Thanks for the reply :)

Grab a paper clip and hit the reset button on the back for a few seconds, wait a few more, then try to power up. Worked for me when I got the tab stuck in dfu mode showing the vDFU partition.

Folken

Jul 18, 2012
Also to avoid getting in the dfu mode, you need to hit power first and then when the screen lights up immediately hit the back and volume- buttons. If you hit them all at the same time when powering on you will get in the dfu mode.

Dec 3, 2010
Vol+, back button and power together got me recovery. Folken, what method did you use to get gapps on the 7035? I have looked at several methods but non of them seem to be for that model. Were you able to put CWR on it as well?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7

Folken

Jul 18, 2012
To get gapps on the tablet I followed Patroitswrath instructions titled "GAPPS on the tablet:"

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-coby-generation-3-devices-12.html#post207066

and added the xml file mentioned here

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-coby-generation-3-devices-13.html#post207096

<EDIT>
There were two things I did do before the master reset which I did not think was very important but maybe it is why TreeFrog20012003 could be having the issues he is having.

1.) I edited android.accounts.AccountAuthenticator.xml at /data/system/registered_services to include the line

<service uid="10028" type="com.google" />

(Note: that after a successful master reset and set up this line changed to <service uid="10001" type="com.google" /> so maybe that is the correct uid to use)

2.) I did a normal reboot before the master reset and on reboot android said it was upgrading. So maybe before you reset do a reboot let it upgrade and then run fix_permissions.sh, reboot one more time, and then finally reset.

</EDIT>

right after adding these files things did not immediately work (due to the proper accountAuthenticators not being registered). I had to do the reset mentioned here

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...bricked-7035-how-get-recovery.html#post228724

And then on reboot the tablet prompted for the proper set up to configure the play store etc.

Of note android commander never did find my tablet. So I ended up copying all the files over into the sdcard folder and then copying them into /system/lib, /system/app, and /system/framework etc. as root and setting the permissions as needed. I also ran fix_permissions.sh as found here

http://www.getyourdroidon.com/shiversftp/fix_permissions.sh

before the reboot.

Finally Chrome hard locks my tablet. So if you try to use Chrome you might want to have a paper clip handy to restart the device. Otherwise I have not seen any issues.

Last edited: