Bricked Nook with no way to fix?

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
My nook color was fine up until today.... I had phiremod v2 installed on it and for the last 3 days have been trying to uninstall/flash another ROM so i can go back to phiremod v1 or try another ROM. However, I absolutely can not get my nook to boot into clockwork recovery. I've tried every size of the CWM download ranging from 128mb-8gb (my card). I've tried monster's rootpack and everything. When i burn it with winimage, it makes the bootable SD card like usual when i flash roms, but my nook doesn't recognize it and just boots up like normal into phiremod. I've tried EXT4 versions of the CWM and still nothing happens. Now, after rebooting earlier, i bricked my nook and it is at the point where it will not even turn on. I cant make a recovery SD card because no version of rootpack/CWM will work with it. any help is appreciated

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I am not exactly the most knowledgable, but are you certain the battery is not dead and it just won't turn on?

Not sure about the nook, but sometimes if I can't get something to boot, I plug it into the USB on my pc and it will make it boot back up. Have done this with my phone once.

I hope one of these helps, if not I am sure someone here will be able to help you out. Good luck.

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
Tried all that. Got it fully charged and it's brand new so im sure the battery is fine. When i plug it in my computer and hold the power button for ten seconds it makes a sound like something is being connected, but no device shows up and nothing happens on the screen. Im sure it's just a matter of finding a way to make it actually boot off the sd card.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
You're at some point gotten your /boot partition screwed up.

The fix for this is to create a working CWR bootable SD card and use the /boot fix zip posted in the How to Restore thread.

However, I see that you've had issues with trying to get the bootable SD to work correctly. Have you been checking the md5 to make sure your download is good?

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
You're at some point gotten your /boot partition screwed up.

The fix for this is to create a working CWR bootable SD card and use the /boot fix zip posted in the How to Restore thread.

However, I see that you've had issues with trying to get the bootable SD to work correctly. Have you been checking the md5 to make sure your download is good?

Getting the working bootable SD is my problem :( I know it's fixable, just a matter of time 'til i find the right .img to burn

Feb 1, 2011
I had the same issue when i flashed the ext4. it was wiped dead and wouldnt turn on. I used a bootable Sd card with CWR 3.0.0.6 and it booted recovery. I flashed a back up file and it loaded fine but I had to start from scratch. I loaded CM7 again and it worked great. Hope this helps.

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
I had the same issue when i flashed the ext4. it was wiped dead and wouldnt turn on. I used a bootable Sd card with CWR 3.0.0.6 and it booted recovery. I flashed a back up file and it loaded fine but I had to start from scratch. I loaded CM7 again and it worked great. Hope this helps.

do you have any idea where i can find a download of CWR 3.0.0.6?

imaninja23

Feb 21, 2011
quick question, what do i do with this .zip file of the 3.0.0.6? i certainly can't burn it to my SD card or flash it from CWR........

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
quick question, what do i do with this .zip file of the 3.0.0.6? i certainly can't burn it to my SD card or flash it from CWR........

sorry i didnt give you a bootable CWR, didnt know thats what you were looking for.. my bad!