Browser Issue with A700

buffalo_guy

Jun 27, 2012
Hi All:

I have been using my a700 for several days now. So far so good. I have noticed that when I use an browser but the Acer supplied browser many web sites are treated as mobile sites. For example, when using Dolphin HD browser I have the user agent set to desktop but no joy. Has anybody else seen this? Thanks,

Steve

Bek

Jun 25, 2012
Hi All:

I have been using my a700 for several days now. So far so good. I have noticed that when I use an browser but the Acer supplied browser many web sites are treated as mobile sites. For example, when using Dolphin HD browser I have the user agent set to desktop but no joy. Has anybody else seen this? Thanks,

Steve

Try Chrome - just moved out of Beta status yesterday.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I'm using Opera without any issue. Was thinking of moving on to Firefox 14, but my experiences on 10-13 sucked....though Flash is supported now.

serilom

Jul 4, 2012
Re: Acer A700
It seems that this problem is limited to certain web site with certain browsers. Chrome seems to have no problem. maxthon and Dolphin have a problem with certain sites, for example, The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia will come up as a mobile device, not desktop. I will live with it for now. Must be browser related.
Why not just switch to Chrome of Firefox? Do you really prefer maxthon or dolphin?