Burn Tool - Superpad RIP - HELP NEEDED, DESPERATE!

Jun 13, 2011
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure where to go with this but.....

....got my 'superpad' last year(ish) (Nov 2010) and to tell you the truth, I was always a bit disappointed by the performance... So...., I did some research, downloaded some bits'n'pieces and hey presto, using burn-tool 7.41 updated my baby to droid 2.2 and overall performance up about 350%!!!! (useability, funtionality, processing power, etc...). Result.....

Then I got cocky... I wanted to run Android and Window 7 (if possible...), found some dual boot 'destructions' for Android 2.2 and CE6.5, used burntool, to update 'images', all updates went ok (that is, according to burntool), then 'you must reset device for changes to take effect'

and..... BOOM????

My now expensive paper-weight wont power on (no matter what key sequence) and doesnt get recognised by a PC/Mac via USB (again tried all manner of key sequences!).

This is where I need your help, if you can.... :-(

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I regret to say that you may have a brick. Try pressing the reset button on the bottom. If that doesn't work then you DO have a brick.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011

I'm not sure where to go with this but.....

....got my 'superpad' last year(ish) (Nov 2010) and to tell you the truth, I was always a bit disappointed by the performance... So...., I did some research, downloaded some bits'n'pieces and hey presto, using burn-tool 7.41 updated my baby to droid 2.2 and overall performance up about 350%!!!! (useability, funtionality, processing power, etc...). Result.....

Then I got cocky... I wanted to run Android and Window 7 (if possible...), found some dual boot 'destructions' for Android 2.2 and CE6.5, used burntool, to update 'images', all updates went ok (that is, according to burntool), then 'you must reset device for changes to take effect'

and..... BOOM????

My now expensive paper-weight wont power on (no matter what key sequence) and doesnt get recognised by a PC/Mac via USB (again tried all manner of key sequences!).

This is where I need your help, if you can.... :-(

You never know until you try. I would not want Windows on this tablet... the constant updates with registry backups would terminate the device fairly quickly.

I'll ask the stupid questions:
- is this device charged?
- I've heard people describe the power connector actually snapping off the motherboard, having to be resoldered. Does this area look normal?
- You've tried the hard reset button (tiny button on the bottom not back, just right of center)?