buttons and keys so unresponsive?

wfz

Dec 10, 2012
I just purchased and using the tablet for 1 week or so. The biggest complain I have is the keys/buttons on the screen is very unresponsive to my fingers. In google mail, the simple trash button is so hard to press that it does the reply mail most of the time. The same button sometimes refuse to do anything while another time working ok. Is it just my tablet or it's just less responsive in general? Also sometimes the tablet seems to be on its own mind typing something randomly when search or start opening applications without asking. This appears to happen more often when I first started it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That doesn't sound right, or good at all. I suggest you go to the store and see if another one seems to have the same problem. You may want to exchange yours.

wfz

Dec 10, 2012
I reset the tablet and it is much better now. I installed ~20 apps after getting the tablet initially. I wonder if the responsiveness gets worse with more system gets more clogged with applications. It was annoying that I couldn't even login in the first try as either the OK button didn't respond or one of the numbering key didn't respond. I had to change the orientation a couple of times to get it to work. Also the tablet was less responsive in colder temperature and got crazy once a while by popping up characters I didn't type in a field. Do you have similar experiences?

Maybe I should get it replaced (I'm still within 1 month) anyway to see if I get one works better, but I don't know if it actually helps much as I went to store and tested multiple tablets and found TF300 was less responsive than other models such as TF700.

Thanks for your advice,

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The TF700 has a faster processor than the TF300 but the ones I've seen were pretty responsive. Most of the better Android tablets, certainly with quad core processors are but they won't work the wont be as responsive as a good PC. You could do far worse than either of those.

Also, the more apps the slower but mostly it is the types of apps. Active widgets, like weather and active wallpaper suck up the procvessor.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also you may have had what is called a rogue app. Sometimes a specific app will cause issues and freeze the whole device by hogging the CPU. Simply finding the app that is using all of the resources and uninstalling it will solve this problem. You can also track the rogue down by slowly installing the apps back one at a time until you find the one that creates the performance issue. Then you should uninstall the app and notify the app developer of the issue so they can update the app to correct the problem. After they update it you can download it again and hopefully use it without issue.