[Buy] Cheap Tablet ebay

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys, i want to buy a cheap tablet to read documents, acess internet, play some movies, videos in youtube, some cool applications, cool games etc..

I've searched and i have this 2 tablets in my mind:

New 7" Android 2.2 ePad WiFi 256MB Flash Camera Tablet | eBay

or

ePad 7" 8650 Android 2.2 3G Tablet PC 800MHZ Flash 10.1 | eBay

What do you think? What do you recomend, max 100$ ship included

I found now this:

7" Android 2.2 VIA 8650 2GB Wifi/3G/Flash Tablet PC | eBay

Recomend or another sugestion?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
i have my doubts that the thiord one has a 1.3 MP camera (more likely a 0.3 MP camera) I personally find t6he 10 inch tablets too cumbersome for using as handy browsers or ebook reads, but some people preffer the larger screen. Keep in mind that the tablets are not motoral xooms or samsungs and do not run as quickly (I have a 7inch WM8650) but they do run a few neat games pretty well (Angry birds w/o the backgrounds on runs fine, toss it, slice, labyrinth (w/o 3d mode on), Dante's Inferno (on low graphics), ant smasher, air attack, my roulette, pacific wings, pinball deluxe, and light racer basic (low graphics) all run on my tablet just fine. If you are wanting to have a tablet that runs more intricate games then you need to find one with at least a 1ghz cpu in it. I can play movies just fine on mine (flash is a little buggy if you dont upgrade your rom, but I use skyfire browser which bypasses that problem) and the stock youtube viewer works surprisingly well. Also dont get your hopes up about the actual android market working, as I doubt it will...BUT there are three alternative markets that have all the same apps available (Applanet, SlideME, Amazon App Market)

As far as other apps i can run, iReader is an excellent ebook reader and works just fine (I love the real page flipping effect and its VERY easy on the eyes!) most of them come with documents to go full (normally a fifteen dollar app) which is a full blown office suite but if not you can get olive office editor which does the same thing for free, Droid emu lite will play most roms and I can run gameboy games and nes games just fine. i even have frostwire3 ((The linux gnutella p2p downloader, just like limewire) and it works great. I bought the pro version of Scanner Radio, but the free version works just fine too (it turns your android tablet into a police/emergency band scanner and yes it REALLY works, totally awesome app to have) I have the tricorder app (cause im atrekkie) and that thing is fun to play with.

Iv e yet to find a way to change the wall paper and make it stay changed, and so far ive yet to get livewall papers to even show on the home pages (though they work in preview) so dont get too excited about customizing your look unless you want to change your rom (too many people bricking their tablets for me to be willing to try, not enough people commenting on the changes theyve noticed since doing it for me to try either)

8650 is superior to 8505 so if your leaning towards these tablets remember that much, just remember that these are not super powerful tablets, but ive seen much much worse and mine performs wonderfully and I am thoroughly pleased with what I got for my 80 bucks. I hope that helps.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
while i cant make a reccomendation as everyone is different, the link you just provided is the exact tablet I have and Ive been pretty happy with it.

Yes you can read word documents, powerpoint, excel, pdf, etc etc etc. You can also create them as well. if you plug a usb keyboard and mouse into the usb ports they will both work if you dont wish to use the touch screens and soft keyboard.

I am using the ROM that came stock with the tablet.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Hm ok mate, btw when you rotate the epad the display rotate to? And about flash 10.1 , do you have? And if i have a movie in divx, .avi , can play in tablet? Sry for questions i want information

Thank you

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Yes the display will rotate all 4 directions and it has flash 10.1 (whenever it engages you will receive a message that says its an evaluation version, just close it) You can play both AVI and DIVX movies using an app called the YXplayer (there are other players that do this) it does NOT however have a magnetic sensor (the kind used in the metal detecting apps) and while the camera wortks with the apps already on it, ive yet to find 3rd party apps able to use it (like a barcode scanner) though maybe others have...

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Thank you, when i buy i will contact you to give me some links to good apps ok? :)

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
the first tablet you listed has a better battery and comes with a keyboard and case...handy but not essential. for the price ide say its the better buy. beyond that no difference at all. pay attention to the battery numbers. higher numbers mean longer battery life. 2400+ is considered good. anything less like 1800 is a problem.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Ok thanks, and the diference between CPU?

I will buy the 2nd like you did thanks

You have PM

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
the 8650 is better (faster) than the 8505. if two tablets say 8650 as the processor then they are both equally as fast.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Ah ok, btw can i make some video calls in messenger with tablet? or skype?

I saw this cool app in youtube, it's possible to have?

Last edited by a moderator:

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
skype BETA works just fine for regular calls but i wouldnt plan to use this thing for video calling.