Buying Advise - 2 Tablets Needed !

TomT

Apr 29, 2012
Hi
I'm looking to buy 2 tablets. One for my father in law and the other for me.

I have been debating buying 2x Ipad2 16gb, but I like android devices - having a rooted HTC Desire mobile..

The following requirements are a must :

9.7" Screen
1GB / 16GB Ram
Web
email
Flash
Iplayer
ITVPlayer

Full HD output to TV for displaying web sites or iplayer etc.
Youtube
Market ( google play )
Wireless etc.

The HTC desire I have has quite a smooth feel to the screen etc. Everything is quiet fluid.
The Ipad2 has a similar feel.. I want a tablet that feels similar..

Main uses are as above, but father in law will want crossword solver, anagram solver, puzzles etc.

Weight is quiet important as it will be used for reading..

I need join.me, teamviewer and logmein.
Any suggestions ?? Willing to pay upto £175.00 each tablet.

Thanks ?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, my advice is check out redtabletpc.com . They have some nice tabs in your price range & as a supporting vendor on this forum they are able to give you good aftersales support with stuff like upgrades, problem solving, accessories etc. They're honest, helpful & won't rip you off. You can choose your shipping to suit either pocket or speed of delivery ( I recommend dhl, fast & cheap). They tend to only stock better quality tabs than some others. It can be a lottery with some sellers, ok they may be a little cheaper but you might end up waiting a long time for goods promised as in stock or getting inferior copies of the device. There are quite a few good Tablets worth a look
Onda vi40 elite
Yuandao n90
Ployer momo ll
Cube u9 gt
Thexe are tabs I was looking at before buying mine. The onda was my top choice due to best camera but all have similar features. Check their site & I dare say there are a few more worth considering too. You have nothing to lose by looking & may find your ideal tab. Good luck.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

TomT

Apr 29, 2012
Hi, my advice is check out redtabletpc.com . They have some nice tabs in your price range & as a supporting vendor on this forum they are able to give you good aftersales support with stuff like upgrades, problem solving, accessories etc. They're honest, helpful & won't rip you off. You can choose your shipping to suit either pocket or speed of delivery ( I recommend dhl, fast & cheap). They tend to only stock better quality tabs than some others. It can be a lottery with some sellers, ok they may be a little cheaper but you might end up waiting a long time for goods promised as in stock or getting inferior copies of the device. There are quite a few good Tablets worth a look
Onda vi40 elite
Yuandao n90
Ployer momo ll
Cube u9 gt
Thexe are tabs I was looking at before buying mine. The onda was my top choice due to best camera but all have similar features. Check their site & I dare say there are a few more worth considering too. You have nothing to lose by looking & may find your ideal tab. Good luck.

Thanks I've just had a chat session with redtabletpc, very helpful.

Googling I like the look of :
Onda vi40 elite and Ployer momo ll, hadn't heard of the other 2. More searching needed.

Will iPlayer & ITVPlayer work OK on any of these ?

What about screen protectors and cases ? are there ones that will fit ?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I believe both have cases designed for them & protectors(if you mean screen protectors are available everywhere due to being ipad size.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
As for iplayers mine works with bbc but plays up a little. I need latest upgrade I think. I'm just slow with this coz its doing what I mainly use it for fine. Haven't tried itvplayer either, but I don't see why not. If you have any queries there are onda & ployer owners on the forum. Maybe they can answer for you.

TomT

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks, I'll take a look at the specific forums.

Out of the tablets listed which are the best ? and why ?
Just trying to make sure I make the right decision. Buying an ipad is quiet simple.. but not for me !

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
You only can decide this. See which has highest specs for best price ratio. I did like the onda vi40 elite 16gb but mostly just coz it has best camera & looks nice. There are many to choose from & I presume cost is a big factor. My budget was low & the onda was stretching it at the time. They & the ployer momo ll were also never in stock where I was looking( or too much money!). All the others came down to price v specs & I got a sanei n90 for £138 in the end it had best specs for the money at that time. The teclast a10 was close but only had 8gb flash memory. I think you can now get them with 16gb I'm not sure.
Anyway its your choice. I'm happy with mine but I think any of them would do the same job. The only extra feature on this tab is built in bluetooth which I don't really use or need.

TomT

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for you advice.

I am moving towards the Onda vi40 or the Ployer Momo11 - just want to make user iplayer etc work OK. ( I'll ask this question in a new thread )
16GB momo11 is about £138.00 which I'm happy with. Just need to add a case, sd card and screen protector !

Do any of these devices charge via USB and/or mains ?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Not sure but I think both. Iplayer should work also but someone might have solutions if they don't. I want to get it right on mine, not sure whhether its ics or Tablets problem though.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ps there was a deal at redtabletpc for 30 usd worth of accessories free with new Tablets. Not sure if its still on. Check their website