Buzzing brick (beware u-boot.bin) -- can it be saved?

TRGX

Jan 23, 2011
To make a long story short, I was tired last night and not paying enough attention, and I used the IUW burn tool to flash u-boot.bin as the U0 in the 2852 firmware update.

This is very, very bad. Now I have in my possession a brick that buzzes non-stop when turned on. No button pressing combinations get around this, and I have not been able to connect via USB or to boot from SD card to recover it.

I am hoping someone has a solution for resetting the firmware or otherwise fixing the damage I have done.

Feeling dumb,

TRGX

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I think that you now posess a very expensive paper weight.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

TorstenS

May 5, 2011
Did you toss the pad yet?

Theoretically what you are looking for maybe called JTAG. But there are some questions left:

1. Does the pad have a JTAG interface / is it documented?
2. It it realistic to get a cable connected to that interface?
3. Are the instructions known which will be needed to use the JTAG interface.

Where are you based?

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
JTags are generally modifications to any device in which has support on the board for serial communications that can be used to read/write to/from a particular chip/device. You can jtag all sorts of devices, not just xbox360.

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
To make a long story short, I was tired last night and not paying enough attention, and I used the IUW burn tool to flash u-boot.bin as the U0 in the 2852 firmware update.

This is very, very bad. Now I have in my possession a brick that buzzes non-stop when turned on. No button pressing combinations get around this, and I have not been able to connect via USB or to boot from SD card to recover it.

I am hoping someone has a solution for resetting the firmware or otherwise fixing the damage I have done.

Feeling dumb,

TRGX

I'm aware of Flashing from USB, it's very risky that's why I stay on flashing from SD, coz there is now way to brick by flashing from SD, because anytime I can restore it back from factory firmware by pressing the combination buttons.

If the tab is able to charge, leave it to full charging, and try to recover it with button combination.

see here.

OS 2.1 Flytouch2 SuperPAD reset for reinstall the system

or your old recovery partion.

the one which is reached by pressing "Volume -" , "Home" and "power" altogether

EDIT:

30mins ago, I'm thinking to update my 2.1 Eclaire to 2.2 Froyo, I did the SDCard Update and still failed, because it will always freeze.

So I decide to do the USB Update, and made my own Male to Male USB Cable, coz I dont have some time to go out and look for A to A USB Cable.

imm_2011_05_09_19_01_47_609.jpg

I follow this guide.

[ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) 2.2 v2.1 #3925 - xda-developers

And it's a Success!

2011-5-9-19-35-22.jpg

This is my screen shot before.

2011-4-21-10-58-29.jpg

First uboot doesnt have a cam feature, then I flash the uboot that has cam, and it works fine.

After Flashing Im having this.

IMAGE_005.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

IMAGE_003.jpg

After 2 reboots it's working normal.

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I had to make my own cable as well. My first attempt didn't work but my second did. Probably because I actually spliced the wires this time...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

hotelsinus

May 17, 2011
my tablet after a firmware update , gets no boot and continious vibrating only, no key are working, no usb pc connection, no bootable sdcard ... it is bricked? or what the hell happens it is a disco superpadIII model.
help me please..... thank you

Last edited:

obmug32a

Jul 10, 2011

Feeling dumb,

TRGX

Hello, Has anyone found a solution to this yet????

I have unfortunately just completed the same thing with my flytouch 2 by installing 'u-boot.bin'

I now have a vibrating brick!!!!

Any help would be great thanks

obmug

hotelsinus

May 17, 2011
i talk to the factory, and he say this is a software problem, i need to wait for the solution - as he say.
if i get some info to how fix this ... i will update here ,.

udobutzen

Jul 11, 2011
Hey everybody,
i have the same problem with this guide....

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...wwe10-android-2-2-v2-1-3925-usb-flashing.html

:: Flashing UBOOT ::
11. Open UIW application, and connect your tablet USB to PC.
done...
smile.gif

12. Select "Link USB" on "USB Mode:" select "Expert Mode" Uncheck all except "UO".
done....
smile.gif

13. Browse the "u-boot-nand.bin" the one with working camera.
done.....
smile.gif

14. After flashing this is the result.
yes the result displayed an unplug the usb-cable and pushed with the stick the reset-button.

only vibrations, no bootable sd-card....

a special button combination???

firmware before : kabadabra.com/2011/04/superpad-flytouch-2-firmware-update-3245
no problems....

Thanks to all in advance for help...

udo

dackota

Nov 17, 2011
hello.. i just install rom 3965 its work well but i found new system bin ( 52mb) & i installed it .. after that my flytouch only vibration Continuous with black screen when i turned it on ... cant put in usb flash ( menu+power ) no sd card boot cant open it ?? can anybody tell me what can i do to fash it again?? pls. help .. thanks

dackota

Nov 17, 2011
how can i fix my epad vibration bootup its still vibration cont, with black screen what can i do to stop vibration & enter to use it & install new u-boot or new software?? pls reply thanks