Calibrate G Sensor on Coby Kyros 7022

Simon1234

Feb 5, 2012
Hi,

ive searched for quite a while on my tablet and in this and and other forums but didnt find a solution.
is there anyway to calibrate my g-sensor ?
if i play games like raging thunder it steers fully to the left when i hold the tablet like normal.
even the ingame settings didnt really work.

automatic display rotating works.

any ideas ?

thx,
Simon

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. Some games, specially ones downloaded from "black market sources", are meant for other tablets and expect that there's a gyroscope which ins missing on Kyros, so they will never work.

2. Some tablets have a setting to alternate the gravity sensor between pad and phone (invert or not X & Y) that may help, it's usually under advanced settings. If it's missing on your tablet, maybe there is an utility that does the same, but I don't recall seeing any.

Simon1234

Feb 5, 2012
thx for your answer, ill have a look again for this invert thing possibly that helps because leaning the tablet to the side brings a better steering but of course isnt nice to play games :p

on youtube i saw a review of my tablet where the that guy was playing raging thunder without problems so thats what makes me think about setting it up correctly.

anyone knowing utilitys for this ?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
just like what lfom said. look @ the settings of your tablet under the advanced settings and look if there is a gravity sensor in there. if its check you need to uncheck it or vice versa.

goten992

Feb 6, 2012
im sorry i know im in the wrong place but you are the only post ive seen about a 7022... simon1234 is there any way i could get you to send me a backup file of your tablet.. mine has been bricked for over two weeks.

scottie73

Dec 31, 2011
ive got the cwm backup from other post on my pc if you need it i'll try uploading it somewhere?

Simon1234

Feb 5, 2012
Thx for the File!

but i cant restore the image it says md5 missmatch any ideas ?

Last edited:

Simon1234

Feb 5, 2012
i unzipped the the file copied the backup directory to my clockwork backup folder on sd card an booted into clockwork then tried to restore the normal way