Can Archos 101 tablet be updated to android 4.0?

Imozeb

May 8, 2012
I have a few questions:

1. Can Archos 101 tablet be updated to android 4.0?
2. Can Archos 101 tablet be USB charged?

3. Can Dell Streak 7 be updated to android 4.0?
3. Can Dell Streak 7 be USB charged?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have a few questions:

1. Can Archos 101 tablet be updated to android 4.0?
2. Can Archos 101 tablet be USB charged?

The answer to Question 1 is it depends whether you have an Archos 101 or a 101 G9
101 is Gen 8 and the answer is no
101 G9 is Gen 9 and the answer is yes
There are a few community Firmwares for the 101 Gen 8 but they all lose the best feature of Archos, its integral Media Player. If that is not a worry, then the answer is sorta yes.

To your Second question, The 101 Gen 8 is not a Power over USB unit. It requires a power supply. BUT, you can find on Ebay USB cable to the Power plug charge end which will work. But it is a kludge. You still have a USB port for the Archos to use, but lose the use of an PC USB port for charging the 101.

spyder

Sep 30, 2012
The answer to Question 1 is it depends whether you have an Archos 101 or a 101 G9
101 is Gen 8 and the answer is no
101 G9 is Gen 9 and the answer is yes
There are a few community Firmwares for the 101 Gen 8 but they all lose the best feature of Archos, its integral Media Player. If that is not a worry, then the answer is sorta yes.

I have just seen two tablets with similar specification as the g8 101 and both of them run 4.0 flawless. But either way 2.2 was just a half way from 2.1 to 2.3. Archos just doesn't give a s.... to the owners of the older products. 2.3 IS definitely faster on the same hardware for example. It shouldn't even be a big problem to upgrade them to 3.x since the g9s are upgraded to 4.0.

I bought the archos because of the double boot which is not true at all... I will never buy any Archos products ever because of this insufficient support they have. Lieing bastards they are. Oh and you have to buy the home cinema package extra to play all the formats on a multimedia device is just the addition of they ignorance...