Can Excel Spreadsheets be used on Tablet?

Junky

Nov 15, 2012
I have a Toshiba Excite Tablet and Laptop (Tablet Newbie)

on my laptop I have made forms with excel, just a standard spread sheet with boxes for checking off and a note area on the spreadsheet for writing notes, and I wish to use this "form" on my Tablet either by way of using excel by checking off the boxes and accessing the notes area and typing in the notes "OR" print the excel xls "form" to a pdf format and use a writing app to write over the pdf printed form.

In either case above, I need to save the finished data by printing the form into a pdf format so it cannot be changed/rewritten.

I have MS Office, MS One Note, PDF Cutewriter, I am open to other programs/apps that will provide the same needs.

If I cannot use excel on the Tablet, then I would need an App to write over the pdf forms (I could make the pdf files and transfer to the Tablet for usage).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I may be a little confused here but you cannot actually run Excel on the tablet. But there are plenty of very good office apps out there that will allow you to open Excel spreadsheets and use them. I think there is even one that will allow you to save the files in PDF format thought I don't know if I'm thinking about another app. The only thing some of the apps do poorly is handling macros and/or really complex formulas.

Junky

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks all. But I think I flooded you all with too much info.
Out in the field, on say a construction site, I now have paper forms which I check off boxes and make written notes on the bottom of the forms. I have made similar forms with excel and printed them to a PDF file format. I have these PDF files on my tablet and I wish to call up the PDF form and;

1. Check off the boxes needed
2. Write notes in the prepared note section on the bottom of the PDF form
3. Save the form and data (per item #1&#2 above) by printing the form to a PDF format and of course give the file the new file name as needed.

I'm sorry I threw all the other data at you but I figured with all of what I have done to this point, someone might have a better way. I am also open to purchasing software/apps to help my needs.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks.