can i install cwm recovery through terminal emulatorl on coby kyros mid9042

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
i just recently rooted my tablet with unlockroot i am gladly my tab is not brick and i want to install a custom recovery through emulator called terminal

can i use this command or instruction to install the cwm recovery through terminal?

1. Place the CWM Recovery Image file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder you see when you open File Manager.
4. Once it’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. Download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device using the link provided above.
6. Launch the app from your App Drawer by tapping the app icon.
7. In the app, type in following
command:
su
8. Next, enter the following command into the app. Make sure to replace cwm.img with the actual name of the recovery image you downloaded.
dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
9. Close the app.
10. Reboot the device.11. You’re all done!Cheers! The ClockworkMod Recovery has successfully been installed on your device and the custom ROMs are no away from you!

thanks if you reply

here is the link of that thread if you dont under stand my writing
http://theunlockr.com/2013/01/28/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-zte-warp-sequent/

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You'd have to change that command to reflect the 9042 file structure, but there's no reason using terminal emulator shouldn't work.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
can you give me a clear instruction on flashing cwm recovery through adb I get confused on vampires instruction. or showing me a video tutorial

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Why not use my root tool? It simply uses a batch file to issue the same commands.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
the unlockroot features the unroot thingi and it cannot brick your device. my tablet has warranty. can you give me a video tutorial how to flash cwm recovery through adb on my mid9042 kyros? I am not familiar with adb

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
but I have play store now I just push the file Google framework and vending it works perfect and its updated