Can SODIMM be added?

miaclockman

Jul 2, 2013
I bought this Toshiba Thrive for my wife. Recently, when I was rotating batteries, I noticed a SODIMM slot under the battery. I have searched everywhere to see if I could buy a memory module to provide additional internal memory (I already have a 128MB secure digital installed, but is too slow when accessing certain apps that I chose to install in the SDX).
is this slot available and, if so, does anyone know what type of memory DIMM to buy and how much the MOBO supports?
Thanks in advance,
Miaclockman

miaclockman

Jul 2, 2013
Welcome to the forum

Never heard of something like that before. If it is an option the best place to look for it would be on Tosuhiba's site.[/QUOTE

I tried that but nothing on the site. I'm sure they intentionally leave it out so that you buy the most expensive model. I have a correction to the SD memory card -it's 32GB NOT 128 as stated in original post. I have some slower apps and data stored on the card. But, if there's a SODIMM memory slot on the motherboard there must be the ability to add internal memory. I just don't know which memory to buy. I'm sure someone out there has figured it out. It would just be nice to take advantage of that slot and bump the MOBO to maximum limits.
Thanks,

Miaclockman

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Just a guess but I think that slot may have been for a feature ROM not actually additional memory.