can someone tell me where to get the link for skype? G Tablet

casyscan

Mar 9, 2011
Trying to get skype on my gtablet Running tnt lite 4.25. Cannot find the correct link.
Thanks for all the great stuff here

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I see it in the market...try appbrain if it doesnt show før you

casyscan

Mar 9, 2011
Not showing in market after installing tnt lite 4.25. Pretty new at this (2 days) so hope I can make this work. Problem is I dont know which one will run on the Viewsonic with TNT.

EDIT: After dloading and installing appbrain did search for skype and when it came up and I tried to install it came back as app not found. Believe it has to do with the fact that the version it is serving doesnt like the Tablet.

HELP (Please)

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Try the market fix. If that still does not work then just sideload it.

RAWArtifacts

Dec 11, 2010
I downloaded Skype from gMarket (that comes preloaded on G-Tablet) which is handango.com
Make sure your viewing Apps for Android and just search all of handango for Skype.
I have no custom ROM (not running TNT) so I can't help you there, but thought I would share for others that may want Skype!

Last edited:

idd

Mar 13, 2011
I also downloaded it from gmarket handango.com and it worked well until recently it hung up on login step. As a paying Skype user, got no help from them but some nice email about some certified version being worked on by Skype. Downloaded handango.com file many times, reinstalled but same hangup point, Skype login.
Just yesterday I tried to use oi notepad and that did not work so I uninstalled that and Skype. Old Jan Skype file was visible for some unexplained reason so I installed that and surprise this time it worked, voice that is as it never had video. Skype website should put up beta copies for us to try in a tablet category. Why don't they acknowledge our existence?

Last edited:

RAWArtifacts

Dec 11, 2010
I have had no problems with Skype on my G-Tablet, except I too have no Video only voice.
I only use it for free Skype to Skype users. My Laptop has full video and voice!
It would be nice to have VIDEO TOO! Does anyone with a custom ROM have Video on their G-Tablet?
P.S. Running Android 2.2 no custom ROM.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I've gotten video chatting working on both Fring and Yahoo IM.. with Vegan 5.1.. but you have to hold the tablet with camera to the bottom of the screen as you're upside down in preview window if you don't.... not a Skyper s i can't speak to it... i'll try later when i get home...

3/16...
video works with skype on vegan5.1.. well kinda... you can see both image feeds... but you're upside down... and when you turn the tablet to orient you the correct way the other feed is then upside down.... or that's how it was with the test video call... don't use skype so i don't have anyone to try to chat with....

Last edited: