Can you stream video on a Kindle Fire?

mmaldoff

Dec 6, 2012
Hi all,
I have "inhereted" a Kindle Fire (2011) recently and can't figure out how to play streaming videos (from sites such as putlocker, sockshare, videobb, etc.) on it? Is this possible? Do I need to download an app to do so? I know for other Android devices there is an app called Hubi to do so, but I can't find it in the Kindle store.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome mmaldoff. You should be able to stream videos. Many streaming sites rely on Flash Player so you will probably need to install this which may require rooting. You can also try different browsers which render Flash for you (try searching the forum for browser options) and you may need to change the user agent (desktop mode) in whichever browser you use. Sometimes you have to enable Flash within the browser after you have downloaded it as well.

Bottom line is that your streaming issues are more than likely really Flash issues and Flash is no longer being supported in a broad mobile device sense. If it is possible to access the mobile version or HTML5 version of the sites that is going to be your best option going forward.

mmaldoff

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks J515OP!

You wrote above that "you will probably need to install this..." - what is this? Do you have any suggestions of browsers to try?