Cannot connect to WiFi... ANYWHERE

phatatt

Jun 14, 2012
As a b-day present i received a transformer TF300T. It will not connect to WiFi anywhere. At home, it will only connect to linxys and that is only intermittently. my actual home WiFi it just continually says obtaining IP address well it does that for my home, work even McDonalds. I tried to use my android phone as a hot spot and it tells me the authentication failed. it sees LOTS of "networks available" that have excellent strength, but once i click on them it goes down to weak and then of course the "optaining IP address" or "Authentication failed"

I would assume there is something wrong with my tablets connection and not EVERYBODY else's WiFi connection.

I'm not very technical so in the "stupidest" terms possible, someone please tell me what i need to do, or if i need to just bring it back and get a new one that probably works.

sincerely,
extremely frustrated.​

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
i own a 300 and the wifi is great.it sound like your 300 is broke return it and get a new one they are awesome

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I agree with Tazz. Sounds like a bad tablet. See about exchanging it for a new one.

Raiderspy1

Apr 29, 2012
Had the same problem right after I got it. Talked with Asus support, had me turn it off, then hold down down volume and power on at same time until you get asus boot, wipe cache. when rebooted worked fine. Please contact support, for exact procedure, it took about 5 minutes.