Cannot decide between [ Asus Memo Pad HD 7] or [Lenovo S5000]

student0980232

Mar 22, 2014
Which one should I get and why? Which outperforms the other? Which one will last longer? I am not sure, I would appreciate your help and input. I never had a tablet before.

Thank you

edap

Dec 12, 2012
As its operating system, Lenovo uses Android, which in version 4.2.2 is already somewhat obsolete. At the moment, it is not clear whether and when an upgrade to Android 4.3 (or even KitKat) will be offered. On the other hand, prospects for a software upgrade from ASUS are a lot more promising.

benroveno

Mar 28, 2014
From what i've seen on many reviews of Asus MemoPad 7 HD around YouTube, this tablet is actually really great. Even CNET praises its amazing colorful display. Its performance is also really fast, thanks to the quad-core MTK8125 processor. The camera on this tablet is also able to deliver decent photos and videos, even PhoneArena agrees with that. the only downside from this tablet is when used to play some latest heavy performing games like Asphalt 8, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City. Maybe it's because its HD display, those games cannot run smoothly on this tablet.

logdog

May 12, 2013
If you want the latest operating system, why not get the Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Which one should I get and why? Which outperforms the other? Which one will last longer? I am not sure, I would appreciate your help and input. I never had a tablet before.

Thank you

Really no comparison, Lenovo IdeaTab S5000 blows this Asus Memo Pad HD 7 out of the water, Asus Memo Pad HD 7 in one word "JUNK" it feels cheap, it looks cheap, it performs like a cheap tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If you want the latest operating system, why not get the Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I personally don't like Nexus wont ever own one,, but none the less what you said is true, if someone wants the latest android then Nexus is what they should buy.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
IMHO, the Lenovo S5000 isn’t priced aggressively enough to make it a truly appealing alternative to either the cheaper Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 or the more capable Google Nexus 7 2. However, it marks a stepping-up of Lenovo’s game compared to its previous Android tablets, which tended to offer lesser-quality screens and much chunkier bodies.