Cannot display my VTAB on my Tv

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I have connected my Vizio Tablet to my Panasonic LCD Tv using each of the TV's three HDMI ports. I have switched the source on the TV to the appropriate HDMI port in each case.

I get no image from my VTAB displayed on the TV.

Do I need to adjust a setting or something on my VTAB to display the image via the Mini HDMI connection on my TV?

Thanks for any help.

Dean

elgordo10

Nov 1, 2011
I had the same trouble when I tried to connect to my Visio TV. I found that the connection on the VTAB side is loose and if I wiggled it I would get the picture on my TV. In order for it to stay on I have to wiggle it and once it connected not touch it. The connections on the VTAB are not great. There have been other threads reporting issues with charging ect. Give it a try...

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Mine loads right up once I select the correct video source, you may want to try a different cable.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for the replies.

I also queried Vizio via email. I got a cryptic response that said perhaps my TV cannot accept the Vizio output "resolution". "Try connecting it to a different tv."

So reading the specs, I determine that the display on the VTAB is 1024x768.

Elsewhere I read that display resolution is approximate to a 720p resolution, which is the resolution of all my TV's.

So it would seem to be compatible but I am very weak at understanding the lingo.

Can anyone confirm my conclusion that the out put is 720p?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I can't confirm the output is 720p but the resolution is considered in the 720p range. I would be very surprised if your tv couldn't convert or directly use 768. Even though it may be a "720p tv" almost all tvs these days up/down convert 1080p/i, 720p or 480p/i.

768 is "pc resolution" but very common for 720p tvs to actually have this as the screen resolution (pixels on the screen being 1366 or 1024 x 768) and up converting a 720 signal or down converting a 1080 signal. Bottom line, unless you have some strange model of tv, none of these input resolutions should matter as the tv processor with scale accordingly.