Cannot send email from one of my accounts

Fredx

Jan 25, 2012
I have 2 email accounts with Comcast which are working fine with my laptop. They have also been working fine with my Sony S tablet for the last 2 years . However, starting on March 7, I cannot receive email on one of the 2 accounts. ( However, I can still send emails ). From the above, it appears to be a Sony tablet problem.
I deleted the subject account from the tablet and re-inputed it again. No luck, same problem .
The tablet Email receiving settings are: POP3 , port 995, SSL/TLS set, URL is mail.comcast.net .
Any advice appreciated.
Thx.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Based on my reading of the problem, I would say that it's very unlikely to be a Sony Tablet problem. If anmy mail accouint works it's not the tablet's fault that another one doesn't. Ar both accounts Comcast accounts?

Fredx

Jan 25, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Based on my reading of the problem, I would say that it's very unlikely to be a Sony Tablet problem. If anmy mail accouint works it's not the tablet's fault that another one doesn't. Ar both accounts Comcast accounts?

Yes, both are Comcast accounts and work fine on the laptop .

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, both are Comcast accounts and work fine on the laptop .

Then they both should work. Chec on the Comcast side to see if both accounts are set up exactly the same. It "almost" sounds like one is POP and the other IMAP but you need to check on the WEB, not in your tablet.

Fredx

Jan 25, 2012
Then they both should work. Chec on the Comcast side to see if both accounts are set up exactly the same. It "almost" sounds like one is POP and the other IMAP but you need to check on the WEB, not in your tablet.

Both accounts are POP3 , and worked fine for 2 years on the tablet . Then one stopped suddenly . Both work OK on the laptop.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If that's the case, delete the account that isn't working. Restart your tablet, go to settings - apps - all and find the mail app. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache and restart again then set it up again.

Fredx

Jan 25, 2012
I tried your method twice. I still have the same exact problem, i .e. I cannot receive any email after March 7!
For what it's worth, on March 7, I was flying from Rangoon (Myanmar) to Bangkok Thailand)...
Thanks
Fredx

BTW: The title of my post is wrong. It should be : Cannot RECEIVE emails from one of my accounts . Sorry .

Last edited: