can't add the amazon app store apt ??

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Is it the system I am running or am I doing soemthing wrong.. I checked and the check make is present to allow non market apps to be applied. but when I download the app it says system doesn't allow apts to be added ?//

I am running autonooter 1.01..... got any idea's what I may be missing.. worked perfectly on my Droid phone

Pa1adin

Mar 16, 2011
I was able to install the Amazon App on my Nook with no problem. I was also able to install Angry Birds Rio, no problem.

Try what user Avi told me to do. Uncheck the allow non market apps box, re-check it and reboot the Nook.

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I find it interesting that they are selling Angry Birds for $.99 but you can get it for free on the ACTUAL app market.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I find it interesting that they are selling Angry Birds for $.99 but you can get it for free on the ACTUAL app market.

It probably doesn't have ads in them. They have been taking about coming out with a paid version with out ads for awhile now

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It probably doesn't have ads in them. They have been taking about coming out with a paid version with out ads for awhile now

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Ah yes...that would make sense wouldn't it! thanks probbie!

Pa1adin

Mar 16, 2011

They also have the free versions. The .99 versions are so you can play it without the ads, which can be annoying for some. The Market does not offer the ad free versions.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I find that turning my wifi off before playing games, make all those annoying ads just go away. :)

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
worked Like a Charm....THANK YOU !!

I was able to install the Amazon App on my Nook with no problem. I was also able to install Angry Birds Rio, no problem.

Try what user Avi told me to do. Uncheck the allow non market apps box, re-check it and reboot the Nook.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Turn off the WiFi to get rid of the ads. This version doesn't have ad though. The Irish version had 3 games sets in there. Halloween was fun to play. RIO looks like a commercial for a movie.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Turn off the WiFi to get rid of the ads. This version doesn't have ad though. The Irish version had 3 games sets in there. Halloween was fun to play. RIO looks like a commercial for a movie.

because it is? lol

and I see the tie in, because the bird can't fly, so they try different ways of getting him in the air.

Redhawk

Feb 7, 2011
It's a new version of the game. Angry Birds Rio.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Android Forum App

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I know that downloading is only permitted for USA citizens, but if anyone could help me with some tips on how to download Angry Birds Rio through App Store, I would appreciate that much.
I have already installed App Store, but it doesnt let me download any app..

Pa1adin

Mar 16, 2011
I find that turning my wifi off before playing games, make all those annoying ads just go away. :)

Yes but we are supposed to encourage supporting the developers :)

BTW you guys should install the new version of the Market app, it is much nicer on the Nook and allows the UPDATE ALL function.