Can't copy to /system/apps

Jornek

May 24, 2011
So I recently rooted my NC 1.2 with manual nooter. Everything seems to be fine but I am trying to install the amazon appstore and I am having some trouble. I download the apk to my sd card, but I cannot copy it to /system/apps. I have astro file manager, and E S File Explorer installed. I think the problem may be that I don't yet have write access for /system/apps but the option to mess with that in E S File explorer is greyed out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jornek

May 24, 2011
Ok, so I bought root explorer and it took me all of five seconds to move it over. Thanks.

Now that it is there though, I still can't install the Amazon appstore. It tells me that my "phone" is set to block non market installs, but in my nook color tools, I have it set to install non market apps.

Any advice for this as well?

Thanks again.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok, so I bought root explorer and it took me all of five seconds to move it over. Thanks.

Now that it is there though, I still can't install the Amazon appstore. It tells me that my "phone" is set to block non market installs, but in my nook color tools, I have it set to install non market apps.

Any advice for this as well?

Thanks again.

Uncheck and recheck the box.

Jornek

May 24, 2011
I used manual nooter for stock 1.2, and I did uncheck and recheck the box. It didn't work.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This is from a couple of other sources:

Go to Nook Color Tools, uncheck and recheck the non-market apps option.
After you have done that you need to restart Titanium Backup. you will need to use the menu->more->reload application to really restart TiBu

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You shouldn't even have to install the apk on your own. Did you go to Amazon and provide your email? They send you a link to click on and the rest happens automatically. Do you have an Amazon account? Here are the insturctions contained in their email with the link.

Click-by-Click Guide

You need to do this only once for each device. The clicks below should take less than 30 seconds.

Click 1

Open your device Settings and click "Applications".

Click 2

If unchecked, click "Unknown sources". If "Unknown sources" is already checked, skip to Click 4.

Note: AT&T Wireless does not support the Amazon Appstore for Android. See Help for more details.

Click 3

Click "OK" on the "Attention" dialog. "Unknown sources" will now have a green check.

Click 4

Open your notifications and click the e-mail message from Amazon Appstore.

Click 5

Click the link: https://www.amazon.com/app-email. The Amazon Appstore app will download to your device.

Click 6

Open your notifications and click "Amazon_Appstore.apk".

Click 7

Click "Install".

Click 8

Click "Open".

That's it!

Sign in with your Amazon.com account and start enjoying thousands of apps for Android.

You need to do this only once for each device.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
been a while since i did mine....couldn't find all my notes! thanks

Jornek

May 24, 2011
Ok, I got it to work, I think I kept doing app installer, but I just tried package installer this last time and it worked. (I had tried package installer at the start of this problem and it didn't work, but never thought to try it again)

I guess I don't know the difference between app install and package install

Thanks for your help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Glad we couldn't be of any help but that you got it fixed :)

Checking and unchecking the box for non-market apps could have been the difference in the two uses of package installer. Something to keep in mind if you flash another ROM or restore and reroot at some point.

JP