cant delete videos from 101

ls1ssws6

Jan 22, 2011
I put a friends SD card in to just see if it worked. The pictures started popping up so i hit stop or whatever and took the card out. Now there are about 30 videos on my 101 that will no delete or play. When i click it says file incomplete or damaged. I try to long press and delete but it says can not delete the file. I plugged the archos into the computer and deleted the folder and restarted it but the videos are still on there. Plugged the archos back in and the folder reappeared like i never deleted it :confused::confused::confused:

ANY help woudl be appreciated, i installed the market and some games so i didnt really want to do a hard reset and have to do it all over but if thats the only thing that works i guess ill have to??

Thanks in advance

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
you might have to reformat the microSD card. The problem is you didn't properly ejected the card.

ls1ssws6

Jan 22, 2011
you might have to reformat the microSD card. The problem is you didn't properly ejected the card.

But if i put tue sd card back in and reformat it wont tha erase everything on it? I iust want to erase the stuff on the archos. Is thrre away to reset it but keep all my downlads?

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
But if i put tue sd card back in and reformat it wont tha erase everything on it? I iust want to erase the stuff on the archos. Is thrre away to reset it but keep all my downlads?

you can make a copy of the contents on the microSD card to a computer first, except for your corrupted video files. reformat(with a PC), put it back(the contents you copied) and voilà!

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Simply ... go into settings - repair and formatting - and select reset multimedia library. It will rescan all drives after clearing the current caches.

Don't use reset media storage unless you want to actually delete stuff that is still there and you might want!

ls1ssws6

Jan 22, 2011
Simply ... go into settings - repair and formatting - and select reset multimedia library. It will rescan all drives after clearing the current caches.

Don't use reset media storage unless you want to actually delete stuff that is still there and you might want!

THANK YOU! It deleted i guess just the corrupted files and keep all my other stuff! Thanks again

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Archos has an independent multimedia library, This is local to the device, not the SD card. Remembering in the Multimedia library happens when this sort of thing occurs. (SD card or multimedia corruption) Archos has this reset setting for clean-up such as this.