Can't figure what tablet I got...

leightonw87

Jul 22, 2011
Hi guys, I bought used tablet off of ebay about a week ago now and all is well with it apart from one thing.

I would really like to know what I got here as I've been reading up abit on flashing firmware to the tablet but I don't want to have things go wrong so I thought I'd ask someone on here for some help.

Everything written Below is all I know about it:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like a Flytouch 1
It's all plastic
Has a gray back button on the front near sockets
Headphone jack is black
Came with a USB and Ethernet adaptor
Plug is a 9V
Speakers are oval in shape with four little oval holes for the sound
Takes a microsd
It has a 7" resistive touch screen
Doesn't vibrate on boot up
Green light when powered
Red light when Charging
Front facing Camera
Has Chinese App Store
The colour of the box is white, the top and bottom of the box is covered with a picture of the tablet and the sides just state MID.

System Details below:

Memory Size is 256MB
Model number reads Generic
Firmware version is 1.6
Kernel Version is 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build Number is WMT2.1.2_88

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know the best firmware for this as I'm struggling to find it useful at times, oh and better performance with games too if possible as it's horrifyingly slow for anything like that.

Thanks
Leighton

leightonw87

Jul 22, 2011
Right, I got bored the other day and I thought I'd look at putting Uberoid on my tablet, had abit of a scare as I had wrong firmware, second time round I got a different firmware and low and behold it worked, Android 2.2 I got now on my tablet, two little issues now though, Touchscreen isn't responding and wifi isn't working.

I did copy drivers from my previous rom but unsure how to install them in to the new rom. Is it a case of overwriting the drivers before flashing it on to the tablet and do 1.6 drivers function on 2.2...

EDIT:
Three problems acually, forgot about it, hardware buttons aren't doing the right things apart from the power button.

EDIT2:
According to Android System Information app the tablet has a arm926ej-s rev 5

Don't know if that helps much...

Last edited:

nvtellan

Jul 18, 2011
It seems we have the same brand/model, well almost. Here's mine:

The box say's its a MID
7" screen
LED color is Green
Vibrates on Start-up
Ports/interfaces are black

model: generic
ram: 256MB
kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
firmware: 1.6
build: WMT2.1_88

Internal Device Storage
Total Space: 2GB
System Space - Total Space: 1GB
LocalDisk :Total Space: 1.07GB

I am also looking for tips/guides on how can I upgrade this and up to what extent. I read your success story on upgrading it to Android 2.2 but with few issues. How is it now?
Where can I download those stuffs you used on your tablet? Thanks.

leightonw87

Jul 22, 2011
It seems we have the same brand/model, well almost. Here's mine:

The box say's its a MID
7" screen
LED color is Green
Vibrates on Start-up
Ports/interfaces are black

model: generic
ram: 256MB
kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
firmware: 1.6
build: WMT2.1_88

Internal Device Storage
Total Space: 2GB
System Space - Total Space: 1GB
LocalDisk :Total Space: 1.07GB

I am also looking for tips/guides on how can I upgrade this and up to what extent. I read your success story on upgrading it to Android 2.2 but with few issues. How is it now?
Where can I download those stuffs you used on your tablet? Thanks.

I got the rom/firmware from here nvtellan
HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Index pageI still haven't got the touchscreen and wifi fixed, I've tried numerous firmwares and still have had no luck with it.

Just beware that once you flash your tablet there are chances you may have teething issues like I have like the touchscreen not working and wifi not starting and possibly hardware buttons doing incorrect functions.

Even though I had issue you may have more luck than me as your tablet sounds a little different.

Just remember the warning I said gave you...

I'm still trying to get it working in my free time though.

nvtellan

Jul 18, 2011
Hi! I would just like to inquire if ever you have worked out those issues that you have encountered. :)