Can't flash my midnite (A81e)

webbyguy

Nov 12, 2011
It seems I am unable to flash my midnite. It seems that holding down the volume button on my midnite means it will not boot up. The only way I can boot is to hold the power button for about 5 seconds. After that I can press the volume button, but it seems too late, as I never see any firmware being loaded. Any ideas for other ways to flash?

I have an a81e capacitive version.

I used the HP format tool linked here: MP4 Nation Forums • View topic - Guide to flashing firmware on your MIDnite to do a full format of my 8GB flash card.

I used the firmware from Vplace.tk » Firmware 0221 – Capacitive.

I tried following these instructions:
1. Download the HP Format tool

2. Format your microsd card to FAT32

3. Download and extract the ROM you intend to use. There should be a file with the name MLO, copy the MLO file first onto the microsd card.

>>You must have formatted your microsd card with the above tool before copying the MLO file.
>>You must copy the MLO file by itself onto your microsd card, it must be the first file to be copied after formatting.

4. Copy the rest of the firmware files over to the microsd card

5. Turn your MIDnite off, insert the microsd card and THEN connect the MIDnite to the wall charger

6. Hold the power button and the volume down button (the button closest to the power button). Hold both at the same time. Hold both buttons till you see a message on the screen indicating that the ROM is being copied to the MIDnite. You can then let go of the buttons.

I also tried this:
take battery out
hold down power button and left vol
then insert battery back in with SD card

And I tried all combos of these two with apdapters or battery.

bdaysname

Jan 9, 2011
I have the same trouble! I watched the guy on YouTube make it look easy, but my tablet must be retarded because nothing I try works! It is very frustrating.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Try going to the Witstech site and using their procedure. This worked for me.