can't get DreamBook w7 to recognize sim card

curtismyname

May 11, 2011
I just got my DreamBook w7 and I can not get it to read my sim, I tried an ATT card and a local carrier and neither worked, I had an old sim I got in Thailand so I popped it in and the W7 recognized it but of course it's of no use to me in the USA. At first I thought it had a bad reader but after it recognized the Thai sim I was left back at sqaure one... I wonder if anyone has had this happen can I fix this with a firmware update? thanks!

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Mine doesn't have problems with my ATT sim (postpaid) even with old V16 firmware. Are you getting any errors?

curtismyname

May 11, 2011
No, just seems as if it can't tell the cards in, like I said when I insert my old sim from Thailand it will show SIMTH on main screen. Just a question, when it has no sim does it show any message like: NO SIM? Mine does not, although I know alot of phones will show this message. Very frustrating since I really like the unit and don't want to return it.

curtismyname

May 11, 2011
I tried a friends card from same carrier I use and the Dreambook w7 recognizes that the card is inserted but says no service...can anyone point me in the right direction on this?
Thanks, Curtis

kopeland

May 4, 2011
Hope you have it all sorted out. It is indeed a great tablet (not perfect but great). It could just be a defective device or maybe a locked unit. Some owners are also experiencing the same as reported to the Dreambook W7 forum.

Good Luck!

nurulain2509

Jun 6, 2011
i got pretty same problem here..my dreambook seem work with making phone call and send message but it can't read my sim phone book and connect to internet (my sim card is 3G)..someone please help???

gfz

Apr 22, 2011
i got pretty same problem here..my dreambook seem work with making phone call and send message but it can't read my sim phone book and connect to internet (my sim card is 3G)..someone please help???

Whilst using a 3G sim card with the Dreambook, you will need to add APN settings for your network provider to allow internet access.

May 11, 2011
from the step:
1. Insert your SIM card
2. Restart your device
3. Find the settings
4. Click wireless & Network
5. Then click mobile networks
6. Access point Names
7. New APN
8. After finish all the settings, then restart the tablet

amdewaard

Jul 6, 2011
I had the same problem. Discovered you have to put in the sim card first and then do a "reset", start from scratch. BdW

nurulain2509

Jun 6, 2011
from the step:
1. Insert your SIM card
2. Restart your device
3. Find the settings
6. Access point Names
7. New APN

i already try your method..but when i click on mobile networks,it keep ask me to register the network..i don't understand why it's like that

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
from the step:
1. Insert your SIM card
2. Restart your device
3. Find the settings
6. Access point Names
7. New APN

I entered all my APN info correctly, (I know because my wife has an android phone and hers works) but the only network that shows up is AT&T. It wont show my network (GCI). The process you have laid out doesn't work either.