Can't Hard Reset

Mimissis

Nov 30, 2013
I "bought" (bartered) one of these from my sister, and it is going SOOO SLOOOOOOWWW... My husband and I have tried to reset it to factory settings for two days now. We have tried EVERYTHING!!! We looked up several options to reset the tablet online, and in the owner's manual. Every time we tried, nothing happened. (This was after several attempts through the settings on the machine itself.) Now what?? I really want to wipe this thing and try to make it work better. I know these have a reputation of being slow, but it still shouldn't take 5 minutes for it to "think" about what it wants to do next.... :mad:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm only guessing here but it should be under settings - backup & reset. Is that where you have been going?

Mimissis

Nov 30, 2013
Welcome to the forum

I'm only guessing here but it should be under settings - backup & reset. Is that where you have been going?

Leeshor, I have tried EVERYTHING!! I tried the settings/restore option, I tried to vol+/power option, the vol-/power option, the reset button on the back, and every other possibility I could find on the Interwebz and elsewhere. I'm hoping someone, somewhere, will have another option I could try.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is the problem that you did in fact fact get a reset and it's still slow or could you not get it reset?

Mimissis

Nov 30, 2013
I could not get it to reset at all. I Sent it back to my sister to have a "friend" look at it, and he thought everything was good on it, that the only apps on it were the "ones it came with." As soon as I showed him that all of our personal info was still on it, I proved him wrong, that it had not been reset. I have since gone through and cleared the caches for every app on it, and it now moves somewhat faster, but not by much. I attempted yet again to reset it, and the only thing it would do was erase the SD card. Now, it will only pick up our old network settings, and cannot find our current wireless network, even when I tell it to scan for it. This thing has been nothing but trouble since I got it... grrr...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may want to check the link in my signature and find the thread on WiFi problems. You made the comment about personal info being on the tablet but (some) of that could be normal if it synced with Google, especially the network info. Sounds like a router problem.