Can't Install Apps Anymore

Yellowfriend

Dec 29, 2011
Hi,

I have a LG Optimus Pad V905R from Rogers in Canada. Within in the last week or two my tablet stopped installing updates to my apps and won't install any new apps. Every time I click on an app it says waiting to install for a while then eventually nothing happens. When I go to My Apps in the Market the app shows up under not installed. I've tried downloading apps over the internet and that doesn't work either the webpage just says that its downloading the app, but nothing actually happens. I've tried clearing the cache and history in the Market app and resetting the table as well. My Market App is version 1.0.18 which to me seems to be well behind, but the Market Updater does appear in my settings so I'm not sure why it isn't updating my Market App. Also I'm still on Honeycomb 3.0.1 because Rogers and LG Canada have abandoned this tablet and refuse to update the OS. I don't want to update it myself because apparently the update out their is for the G-Slate and it apparently if you use that update you can't get 3G or HSPA connection anymore, only 2G and it will void my warranty. Any help will be appreciated. Although the best thing maybe is to hope Rogers will take back this tablet back and give me a one of their Samsung Galaxy or an HTC Jetstream tablets.

woodrowr

Apr 28, 2012
Never Mind. I fixed it. I had to go into Manage Applications and force close the Download Manager App and clear all the data.

You are my hero. I have been struggling with this problem for months. Have tried so many "solutions" I found online. Rebooted device multiple times. Factory reset, etc. This finally fixed all my issues.

PM me so I can send you $20 as a thank-you.