Can't move apps to SD card

sundance2011

Nov 28, 2011
I was under the impression that ICS solved the problem with not being able to use the SD card for apps as we have been able to do on our phones for a long time.
I just upgraded from a Toshiba Thrive to a Tab. I could move apps on my Thrive no problem. when I try to do this on the Tab when the program to move apps
opens it says I don't have a real SD card and I won't be able to move apps.

What's up with that, is it the Tab or the app I'm using to move apps, anyone know?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
One thing you will notice is when you check your storage apps are no longer stored in a dedicated partition on your internal sd. So you can install apps limited only by the size of your internal storage. External storage is primarily for media. Moving apps to external SD is not supported.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Tom is correct. And as far as I know there are no Android tablets with any version of Android that can save s to external storage or move them there with the stock operating system. As he points out tablets were not designed to do that unlike Android phones.

sundance2011

Nov 28, 2011
Tom is correct. And as far as I know there are no Android tablets with any version of Android that can save s to external storage or move them there with the stock operating system. As he points out tablets were not designed to do that unlike Android phones.

I can on my Thrive table as of the ICS upgrade so I assumed all Tablets with ICS would have that function. App2SD works just as it should. Seems like with tablets when ever you upgrade you take 3 steps forward and then one backwards.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can on my Thrive table as of the ICS upgrade so I assumed all Tablets with ICS would have that function. App2SD works just as it should. Seems like with tablets when ever you upgrade you take 3 steps forward and then one backwards.

The Thrive is an oddball, no offense intended. The different tablets call the external SD cards by different names so there is no real standard.