Can't Move Apps to SD Card

suebert

Dec 26, 2012
Hello. I purchased the Ematic fun tab for my son for Christmas. I was able to figure out how to load an older version of Amazon apps onto it so I am able to load lots of apps. I'm able to play apps that I transferred onto the SD card from my computer just fine but I cannot figure out how to move downloaded apps onto the SD card.
The fun tab recognizes the SD card, but nowhere can I find the option to move an app to the SD card. I have tried a couple of different app to Sd card apps that I have used in the past on my own Android devices, but the option to move to SD card was not there in either of them. I've also tried ES File explorer.
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
Hello. I purchased the Ematic fun tab for my son for Christmas. I was able to figure out how to load an older version of Amazon apps onto it so I am able to load lots of apps. I'm able to play apps that I transferred onto the SD card from my computer just fine but I cannot figure out how to move downloaded apps onto the SD card.
The fun tab recognizes the SD card, but nowhere can I find the option to move an app to the SD card. I have tried a couple of different app to Sd card apps that I have used in the past on my own Android devices, but the option to move to SD card was not there in either of them. I've also tried ES File explorer.
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you

What kind of apps you unable to move? Is the app is already install in the tablet? Some fact, not all apps were develop to be move to external storage aka SD card.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

suebert

Dec 26, 2012
What kind of apps you unable to move? Is the app is already install in the tablet? Some fact, not all apps were develop to be move to external storage aka SD card.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

I'm unable to move the preinstalled apps as well as the ones I've downloaded. The app I loaded onto the tablet to assist in moving an app to the SD card pops up but I'm only given the options to delete, clear cache', etc. I've also tried a different SD card just to make sure it really wasn't the card and I had the same exact issue.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
You are unlikely to move the preinstalled apps... period.
however,
under the 'manage apps' you SHOULD be able to move the downloaded ones. Hopefully. You will need to click on the particular app and it SHOULD allow you to FORCE stop, DELETE or move from there...

:D

BlindFlip

Nov 29, 2012
Try downloading the apk file onto your computer, then transfer it to the SD card.
Then using the tablet to install the app from the SD Card.

Also, check the app system requirements. I had a similar problem and it turned out the app I was trying to use wasn't made for my version of android.
If it is compatible, then I have no idea why you couldn't run it from the SD card.

NCmacASL

Dec 28, 2012
I use app2SD program and MOST but not all downloaded apps will move - SOME took multiple tries before successful transfer to the Built-in TF Card. (I have not yet installed an SD Card). Others still stay on the main Tablet Storage. seems there is a time-out error that cancels the move after so long.

I have an Ematic Pro, BTW.

wolfraven71

Feb 6, 2017
With Some Ematic Tablets NO apps can be moved . I have yet to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue . I have root on my EGQ223BL after a lot of effort and it has not made any difference at all . So I suspect this is at the hardware level .