Can't remove Gmail account on Ainol Novo 8 Tablet

cwnovo8

Feb 16, 2012
Hi there,
I'm selling my Ainol Novo 8 Android 2.2 Tablet purchased in Oct 2011 because my work is buying me a new Android tablet. I would like to know how to remove the Gmail account from the Novo 8 so the buyer can replace it with another one. I'll be sorry to see the Novo 8 go because its a great tablet. I use it for reading e-books, watching You Tube piano tutorials, playing music, and downloading great apps. Multi-touch is great, wifi connection is great. Picture quality is great. Its a great tablet!!!!

I have tried the following:
I deleted the Gmail account through Google Gmail, and then did a Factory reset which is supposed to remove all accounts, but the tablet still thought this gmail account existed. Then I couldn't get into Android Market because it was looking for the old Gmail address. Google managed to retrieve the Primary Gmail account for me so I was able to reinstate it.

I then tried doing a Factory reset without deleting the Gmail account but it still didn't delete it.

I was also told that I could remove the accounts.db from a rooted tablet by going into Data/ in the root. So I downloaded File Expert a rooter but couldn't find accounts.db in there.

I hope your forum maybe able to help me. Its very frustrating that you wan't replace your Primary Gmail account with another one.

regards CW

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
You will probably have to do a factory reset on it.
I have tried many times to remove my Gmail act from both phones and tablets in the past and found that the only way to do it is with a factory reset.
The problem seems to be the tablet associates Apps that have been installed with you Gmail act, and and it tracks which app to which act.
Oh you can add many GM access but if you add Apps from any of them they are there for the long haul, unless you do the factory reset.
IE, you can not leave any Apps on the tablet you installed or paid for unless you also leave your acct on it, which is seriously not recommended.

Aaaand after reading over your post again I see you already did that so I am at a loss.
If the tablet is retaining your acct info even after doing a reset it sounds like the tablet has a corrupted ROM on it.
I hope some one can help you with this.
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

cwnovo8

Feb 16, 2012
Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply. The factory reset didn't work as it should do.

I eventually contacted the company I bought the Tablet from GadgetFreakz - Simply Mad About Gadgets! and they had a guide to factory resetting the Ainol Novo 8 and a downloadable file which carried out a proper factory reset. I was really pleased to find it did the job. My Google Account has now been deleted.

Note: After the factory reset I rebooted the Tablet and the language was set to chinese. Fortunately, I remembered where the Language setting was to put it back to UK language. Phew!

Thanks once again.
Hopefully this will help anyone who wants to factory reset their Ainol Novo 8. Make sure you backup your data first though, just in case. You never know!

Regards CW